CDJS to Vinyl

The guy that is selling was gonna drop them off tomorrow so I will get to see them. Havent paid yet, the pictures dont show cables does this mean I need to attach them internally?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The guy that is selling was gonna drop them off tomorrow so I will get to see them. Havent paid yet, the pictures dont show cables does this mean I need to attach them internally?

no you wont be able too. as sdtandard they will have two phono cables coming out the bottom. (the red and white ones which go into the mixer) and also a thin grounding cable. you will need to plug these into a mixer to ensure they work ok. If one if the phono's is broken it will only play out of one speaker.

With regards to the 45 rpm button if this is missing it might just be a case of pressing the button with a pen or something? you will need it for most vinyl these days though. unless its pressed for 33rpm. also those needles will probably need upgrading but I wouldn't expect good needles to come with the decks.

listen if you need some advise when he is there then maybe try and give one of us a call or something. give me a PM and ill send you my number and talk you through the things to check if it helps.

no you wont be able too. as sdtandard they will have two phono cables coming out the bottom. (the red and white ones which go into the mixer) and also a thin grounding cable. you will need to plug these into a mixer to ensure they work ok. If one if the phono's is broken it will only play out of one speaker.

With regards to the 45 rpm button if this is missing it might just be a case of pressing the button with a pen or something? you will need it for most vinyl these days though. unless its pressed for 33rpm. also those needles will probably need upgrading but I wouldn't expect good needles to come with the decks.

listen if you need some advise when he is there then maybe try and give one of us a call or something. give me a PM and ill send you my number and talk you through the things to check if it helps.

Turns out he wanted both of my CDJs for just one technics .. haha clear communication and all, so still on the hunt for now, cheers though mate appreciate that.

The switch depends on how honest you are to yourself. If on your cdjs you beatmatch by ear you will be fine if you know and mix by pitch percentages you will struggle for a while, but 100% wont regret it

I'm shit at mixing (like really quite shit) but I love my technics and playing around with them. I get bored very quickly with CDJs or controllers.

It's all opinion really

Sooo just got my technics got one working fine, the other however i cannot get good audio it has a stanton diablo on it and skips all over the place and even when it doesnt has generally crappy audio, tone arm weights etc have been double checked, swapped the cartridge over to the other one and it works fine, was working when I picked them up however, advice?

The cart may have been damaged with transport? What cart do you have on the other deck?

And congratulations, you are now a man

Their concorde style, but yeah on closer inspection the needle is worn as anything, gonna pick up some new carts, any reccomendations, headshell style just look fiddly so concordes would be great.

Their concorde style, but yeah on closer inspection the needle is worn as anything, gonna pick up some new carts, any reccomendations, headshell style just look fiddly so concordes would be great.

Bought some ortofon dj s concordes coming tomorrow looking forward to failing at some mixes

Well all I can say is props to the guys who spin vinyl its plenty harder than cdjs

would love to say go vinyl but every things turning digital now days, its hard enough to even press a realise for vinyl anymore.
dig deep and get some pioneers, IMO:)

Well all I can say is props to the guys who spin vinyl its plenty harder than cdjs

It certainly is, but when you get it it's much more satisfying than CDJs. It's kinda like riding a bike, you'll never forget and rocking up at parties and spinning random vinyl is the one!

It's all about both imo. CDJs for clubs, vinyl at home.

And tone you chat shit, playing in 2 clubs doesn't count as experience :P

Last edited:
It certainly is, but when you get it it's much more satisfying than CDJs. It's kinda like riding a bike, you'll never forget and rocking up at parties and spinning random vinyl is the one!

It's all about both imo. CDJs for clubs, vinyl at home.

And tone you chat shit, playing in 2 clubs doesn't count as experience :P

Any tips for riding the pitch? Never did with cdjs and it seems much easier to trainwreck touching the platter on vinyl.

what i tell everyone is remember exactly where you started, i.e if you know you need to speed up and you're on 2% then make sure you pull it down till its in beat then make sure you go up from 2%. If its mad outta beat the go to 3%, listen again, if its closer then go to 3.5% etc etc

HTH

Back
Top Bottom