Share Your Gem's Thread

Always gets a huge reaction, and I've never heard anyone else playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure how much of a "gem" this is, considering how new it is (only came out last year)... but I never really hear it played out.

The elements of this tune just blow me away every time; solid remix of an already fantastic track.
Disembodied female chants, pristine keys, and a heavy as fuck low end that chugs and rumbles. <3

Sunchase - As We Look (Teddy Killerz & Malk Remix)

(YouTube totally muds up the low end, but, eh, gotta make due)

This one blew me away when I heard it in a friend's mix. Love the piano samples in this tune.

Oh, another one.

Heard this one a whiiiiiile back. Was one of the background tunes used in some worldwide graffiti documentary I was watching.

Mathematics - Backdraft

great thread, one tune that still stands out to me in Middle east sun by l plus. not sure how popular it is, i've not heard it out for a looong time and it isnt that old either... Everything about the tune is bliss for me

Bit of an older one is Sleaze by Utah Jazz, absolute classic tune, such smooth vibes all the way through, rolls out so nicely, dont think ive met someone thats heard this tune before

No brainer... The standout tune of the autonomic era for me is this little edit from the autonomic fabric live CD

I just can't believe how well genotype's original and the vocals flow together, it's a stroke of genius considering meleka 'go' is on more of a UK funky tip. I'd actually love to know who edited that into the mix out of the guys, and if it was played out at all around the time. Who would even think to do that? There's no official acapella that exists either. There's just no info on it at all, no free download or anything like that (not that I was expecting one). In the end I bought a lossless copy of the CD, ripped the section from the mix (with around a minute either side so as to sit well in the mix) and got it pressed to vinyl with Consequence's remix of Full Code - 'Sixty Eight', another beautiful track imo.

Just so outrageously vibey, nothing's hit the spot for me quite like it

Was in Brighton on holiday in 2005 & found this white label 4 Hero EP on Reinforced from 1994. Didn't even listen to it, just brought it, along with about another 40 records. When I got it home to NZ, I did some research & found out that then to it was very limited promo that never made it to full release. I was blown away, I can't even find a copy like mine on Discogs.

Consequence's remix of Full Code - 'Sixty Eight', another beautiful track imo.

Just so outrageously vibey, nothing's hit the spot for me quite like it

Yeah this was one I really loved that went under the radar, the vocals are fantastic. Another one of Consequence's tunes that seemed to be majorly hyped (as far as the minimal scene goes) was Rolling Supreme, dunno why this didnt get signed but ended up as a free download and for some reason never gets played anymore. Nothing quite like it imo, its unbelievely dark and that low end is straight up ridiculous.

i was gonna post warm space, such a tune.

Here are my 2 contributions, full techy monster.

and this

Back
Top Bottom