Rifine's Millennium Bug DnB Mix - Shy Fx, Prisoners Of Technology, TNT - 100% vinyl

The Watcha

VIP Junglist

Thought I would have a go at something a little more outside my comfort zone in the month of April Fools, with a mix of tunes that came out before the year 2000. I don't have a vast collection of stuff from that era, but here is a selection (the majority) of the tunes I like and bought. Hope you like it if you have a listen

Tracklist

45 Roller (Shy Fx) - Stomp (Ivory Records)
IQ Collective - Transmission (Trouble On Vinyl)
TNT - 2 Degrees (Left Records)
Shy Fx - The Message (Ebony Recordings)
Vibes Crew - Degrees (Reality Recordings)
Capone - Friday (Hardleaders)
Hype - Closer To God (Real Playaz)
Prisoners Of Technology - Delikutt Beats remix (Fresh Kutt Records)
Mampi Swift - Touch Of J (Charge)
Prisoners Of Technology - Twister (Fresh Kutt Records)
Notorious J - Rupture (Trouble On Vinyl)
Shy Fx - Funksta (Ivory Records)

alternative download link - http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_Millennium_Bug_DnB_Mix_April_2014.mp3.html

Re: Rifine's Millennium Bug DnB Mix - Shy Fx, Prisoners Of Technology, TNT - 100% vin

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss! On it Mark!

Like the fact you've tried something completely different to your usual.

Will post some feedbacks later.

Re: Rifine's Millennium Bug DnB Mix - Shy Fx, Prisoners Of Technology, TNT - 100% vin

Wicked. I loved all of these tracks.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss! On it Mark!

Like the fact you've tried something completely different to your usual.

Will post some feedbacks later.

Hope that is different enough and outside my comfort zone enough for you Stu :)

Wicked. I loved all of these tracks.

Loved or love Ted? Hope you guy like it anyhow

on this one, haven't heard Hype - closer god in ages haha, will leave feedback as always mate

Loved or love Ted? Hope you guy like it anyhow

bit of both to be honest mate. the tracks don't have the same "pizzazz" they used to but the nostalgia will even things out.
strangely i can remember where i was when i brought every one of those records.

this was thoroughly enjoyable Mark.

Sometimes the mixes seemed a little muddy, almost as if both basslines were on at the same time mid mix. Watch your gains as well - when Friday came in felt it lacked a little impact, turn that gain up a little and it will make for a better transition in my opinion. Tune before just sat on top of Friday a bit too much for me, but I am being picky as your mixes are a very very good standard.

Saying that I enjoyed hearing alot of tunes I haven't heard in a while so respect for that.

Big ups

this was thoroughly enjoyable Mark.

Sometimes the mixes seemed a little muddy, almost as if both basslines were on at the same time mid mix. Watch your gains as well - when Friday came in felt it lacked a little impact, turn that gain up a little and it will make for a better transition in my opinion. Tune before just sat on top of Friday a bit too much for me, but I am being picky as your mixes are a very very good standard.

Saying that I enjoyed hearing alot of tunes I haven't heard in a while so respect for that.

Big ups

Thanks Stu!
I agree that it sounds a bit muddy, but only on the odd blend. Tried to get the basslines talking to each other at some points, like Delikutt Beats rmx - Touch Of J. But on Friday, I had the gain turned up a bit more as I gave that mix a dry run and Friday did sit back a little, but on this recording, I thought the levels were alright on it.

Still getting used to tweaking the bass's etc + the filters in and out, and it was a mix of something different, so you'll have to forgive me that it wasn't up to a previous standard. Respect for listening and the words man. Been wanting to give this a go for a long while :)

on this one, haven't heard Hype - closer god in ages haha, will leave feedback as always mate

Sound. Let me know your thoughts when you can Danny (y)

Never gonna stop making all that money! Gwarn big up yourself Marcus...looks absolutely wicked!

Trip down memory lane for the oldies on the forum. Me and Ted thank you for that mate. Will leave some thoughts cheers.

banging mix mate really enjoyed this one, kept me bouncing throughout haha, transitions and mixing was good as always, a few slips here and there but nothing major, favourite bit had to be that opener 45 Roller (Shy Fx) - Stomp > IQ Collective - Transmission > TNT - 2 Degrees , thought it opened this mix really well and haven't heard transmission or 2 degrees before so was nice to hear some new tunes. Love the vibe of this whole mix big up man

Never gonna stop making all that money! Gwarn big up yourself Marcus...looks absolutely wicked!

Trip down memory lane for the oldies on the forum. Me and Ted thank you for that mate. Will leave some thoughts cheers.

Thanks Paps! I hope that a few of the newer heads would have a listen to this as variety is the spice of life and all that

banging mix mate really enjoyed this one, kept me bouncing throughout haha, transitions and mixing was good as always, a few slips here and there but nothing major, favourite bit had to be that opener 45 Roller (Shy Fx) - Stomp > IQ Collective - Transmission > TNT - 2 Degrees , thought it opened this mix really well and haven't heard transmission or 2 degrees before so was nice to hear some new tunes. Love the vibe of this whole mix big up man

Cheers Danny! There is the odd smudged beat here and there, but I think you really have to be listening out for them.
Glad you liked the opening string to 2 Degrees. You have got to have a good opening tune / mix to get people drawn in. It sets the tone you know. Thanks for having a listen! (y)

this mix is so good

really enjoying this so far man, all works really well

this was fun watcha...... i don't have my 1200's anymore but i got a vinyl converer ha ha. Gonna have to go get some old traks and put a set together.

this mix is so good

really enjoying this so far man, all works really well

Cheers James! Glad you were feeling it :) + that blend you mentioned

this was fun watcha...... i don't have my 1200's anymore but i got a vinyl converer ha ha. Gonna have to go get some old traks and put a set together.

Thanks man! I try to make my mixes as fun as possible & if I can get someone else to have a go with some older tracks, then part of my work is done :) As it say on the back of the Prisoners Of Technology LP:-

"At the time when drum and bass seems mired in a sludgy sea of copy cat choons, weighed down by countless unimaginative sound-a-likes the music of TMS1, Dj Magic and KDub (The Prisoners Of Technology) is a breath of fresh air.

Elastic basslines boinging around the room, throwing mental shapes and daring you not to dance. The ebats are simple and direct, fast and fantastically funky"

Great little mix mate could definitely have done with an hour or so really. Wicked vibe tight mixing as usual.

Just reading Dannyboy's comment I like that there are people who've never heard 2 Degrees before LOL. That tune dominated the dancefloor for years it's one of the foundation tunes of jump up for sure. The guy who wrote it passed away a couple of years ago big shame really he was a wicked DJ as well.

Anyway loved The Message >> 2 Degrees and Closer to God >> Friday.

What you got planned for us next mate?

Great little mix mate could definitely have done with an hour or so really. Wicked vibe tight mixing as usual.

Just reading Dannyboy's comment I like that there are people who've never heard 2 Degrees before LOL. That tune dominated the dancefloor for years it's one of the foundation tunes of jump up for sure. The guy who wrote it passed away a couple of years ago big shame really he was a wicked DJ as well.

Anyway loved The Message >> 2 Degrees and Closer to God >> Friday.

What you got planned for us next mate?

Cheers Paps! Glad you liked it and those couple of blends you mentioned. They are some of my favourites in there too.
Would have liked to do an hour, but I only have about 3 or 4 more tunes that I like from this era that I didn't include in the mix.

Yeh, 2 Degrees is a beast. Didn't know that Trend / TNT passed away. Would have liked to hear some more simple but highly effective tunes from him.

I also like that you are anticipating the next mix with baited breath :D .......lets just say its word based ;) hopefully coming this weekend

Back
Top Bottom