Howitzer - Cast Away (Deep Liquid)

I think the kick pattern is overly complicated and contains too many kicks, especially as it's a hefty kick and needs space to breathe. Plus it's a bit loud and dominating
Atmospheres are nice, very atmospheric :D
Maybe the occasional chord change for variation? Either as a fill or every 8,16 or 32 bars for more defined sections.
Also could use something a little more percussive/melodic over the top of the drums: you've got a strings part in there but it isn't sharp enough to contrast with the pads. The string melody could play a bigger part in the track imo.
Let me know if you think I'm bsing... I'm not exactly a production god.

Sounds interesting. I like the drumpattern, reminds me of the older works by Spor or something like that. I miss a little theme or so, the atmo is nice, drums too, but it's after some minutes a bit boring.

Wicked, thanks for the feedback guys.
I do agree the kick pattern is a bit complicated, I do like the weight of it though personally. Some chord changes are a good idea too! Ive been trying to give the elements a little more room to breathe as I can over complicate things, maybe ive taken it too far the other way. haha.
I'd love to put some decent vocals in there, know any decent vocalists? Sample packs arent up to shit with vocals, never anything usable.

I like the kick pattern, but maybe it could use some variation every 8th, ...th beat.
I'd love to hear those strings louder. Could really give the track that little more.

maybe an idea for the creative part. Since u said this is a dark liquid song, why not make a very melancholic arrangement for the strings. Maybe it could really give that track that heavy feeling in a positive way?

Back
Top Bottom