S.P.Y. - Back To Basics Sampler EP (Hospital Records) Out April 7th

808 Dnb

VIP Junglist
Artwork SWAG...

145538.jpg

http://www.deejay.de/m_All/details__145538

After the huge impact of his debut LP 'What The Future Holds' in 2012, it's time to go 'Back To Basics' in 2014, as S.P.Y takes us deeper, darker, further underground with this uncompromising selection.
* Opener 'Cold Harsh Air' features long time S.P.Y collaborators Total Science and Canadian vocalist and producer Grimm. Up next is 'Brooklyn' which nods to dance music's US heritage, and drops the tempo down low, before winding it back up again to d+b feverpitch. 'Dusty Fingers' features legendary d+b diva Diane Charlemagne, who appeared on S.P.Y's debut LP on the epic 'Hammer In My Heart'. a lighter feeling with Diane Charlemagne's vocals soaring over the track. 'Jelly Belly' rounds things off, and it's a rough and ready basement growler.
* Available only on vinyl, there is no digital product for this release.
The album 'Back To Basics' is scheduled for the end of April this year.

Yeah didn't they do a vinyl only thing for his last album and then the tracks came out on the deluxe digital version of the album anyway?

Brooklyn is such a hurter! the whole EP is worth it for that one tune...Cold Harsh Air is nice, Dusty Fingers is a nice roller and Jelly Belly might grow on me (not really feeling it right now). Great EP overall!

Brooklyn :cowbell:

Lovin the samples, so fucking sweet. Cold harsh is the only one a bit off for me, ive never really liked total sciences stuff and it rubs off. Dusty fingers is vibes.

I probably was one of the biggest SPY fanboys around 08-10 but this one is not doing anything for me either :( Last thing I bought was sleepy hollows and love hurts. Jelly belly is okay but overall not for me again :(

Had a proper listen to this when I got home and really feeling the tracks, spy's output has always been proper consistent.

Looking forward to hearing more beats from him this year

Had a proper listen to this when I got home and really feeling the tracks, spy's output has always been proper consistent.

Looking forward to hearing more beats from him this year
Yep just had a listen and classic SPY style tracks

Back
Top Bottom