Forward Vol.2

Floating Hunter

VIP Junglist

Finally got round to doing the second in the series, a selection of some weird and rolling beats i'm feeling. Feel free to repost and comment and such :)

avatars-000045110871-vz20e9-t500x500.jpg

Forward Vol. 2

Clarity & Ruffhouse - Persecute
The Untouchables - Adamantium
?
Om Unit - Grey Skies Over Chicago
Alix Perez - Crystals
Spectrasoul - Slippin'
Dexta & Hyroglifcs - Boxgroove
Stray - Matchsticks
Sabre - Cashmere For Christmas
Tom Encore - The Roach (Deft Remix)
Break They're Wrong (Calibre Alternate Remix)
Pessimist - Niche
?
Spectrasoul - Alibi
Total Science - Cold Blood (feat. Riya
Break - Wondering Why
Calibre - Dema Beats
Mr Joseph - Sweetest Thing (Feat. Katie White)
Fre4knc - Full Measure
Stealth - Nightfall (feat. Codebreaker
Bad Company - Planet Dust
Future Cut - 20/20 (Chase & Status Remix)
Doc Scott - The Unofficial Ghost
Ivy Lab - Missing Persons (outro)

Nice selection. Been in the need of something new for the car. Will be listening this week and will get back with some thoughts man

Awesome man i hope you enjoy it

checked this on my way into work today, sick mix. don't wait so long to do the next one this time lol

It was supposed to be monthy... turned out to be bi-yearly. Hah will fix up the frequency though! Thanks for checking it

Lovely looking selection man. Will be rocking this later.

Thanks man would love to get your thoughts on it

Thanks man would love to get your thoughts on it

ask and you shall receive.

Clarity & Ruffhouse - Persecute - these guys are just immense. loving their tunes (in smaller quantities, a whole set of it is a bit much)
The Untouchables - Adamantium - nicely brought in. eq's all sounding smooth.
? - love the snappy snare coming in here. nice tune. well played "?"
Om Unit - Grey Skies Over Chicago - strong heavy pad on this one has muffled the volume on the other track a bit, not a lot u can do. lower the eq's but then it can be harsh to bring them back up later. mix sounded cool. that snare from the previous track still stayed prominent over the broken beats of om unit. liked it mate.
Alix Perez - Crystals - a little harsh to start with but sounding good once we got rolling.
Spectrasoul - Slippin' - lovely.
Dexta & Hyroglifcs - Boxgroove - clean mix.
Stray - Matchsticks - nice. overall vol dropped a bit here. wicked tune. much flavor.
Sabre - Cashmere For Christmas - liked it. nice smooth transition.
Tom Encore - The Roach (Deft Remix) - as above man. some skilled transitions. more people should do this more. rather than worry about doubling every track. selection > the actual blend.
Break They're Wrong (Calibre Alternate Remix) - no f ing about. straight back at it.
Pessimist - Niche - personally i would have switched when the dark noises came in. then chucked they're wrong back in gently at the drop. still a nice mix tho.
? - ah ha! another tune by "?" i liked his earlier work... they by the same people? im enticed by that snap. yeah, i want this tune.
Spectrasoul - Alibi - great mix. would have sounded a little better keeping alibi's eq's down until the drums cut out before the drop, then had a quick switch at the drop.
Total Science - Cold Blood (feat. Riya - wicked. vocal had loads of room in the mix. nicely done.
Break - Wondering Why - COOL.
Calibre - Dema Beats - great blend. had some nice energy when this dropped, at at the right time too. wondering why could have been slightly lower in the mix so its drums melted into dema beats drums just that lil bit more.
Mr Joseph - Sweetest Thing (Feat. Katie White) - lush! tracks worked really well with each other.
Fre4knc - Full Measure - nice mix of soft and hard here. worked well together.
Stealth - Nightfall (feat. Codebreaker - grrrrr!!! seriously tough.
Bad Company - Planet Dust - ambitious mix. pulled it off tho. little harsh/loud in places but nice all the same.
Future Cut - 20/20 (Chase & Status Remix) - nicely done.
Doc Scott - The Unofficial Ghost - tunage.
Ivy Lab - Missing Persons (outro) flavor for the finish.

mate. really liked this mix. the selection was spot on. had a real vibe and progression about it. rocked the whole thing without getting bored or inpatient waiting for the next track.
blends were all smooth and tidy. a real pleasure to listen to.

ask and you shall receive.

Clarity & Ruffhouse - Persecute - these guys are just immense. loving their tunes (in smaller quantities, a whole set of it is a bit much)
The Untouchables - Adamantium - nicely brought in. eq's all sounding smooth.
? - love the snappy snare coming in here. nice tune. well played "?"
Om Unit - Grey Skies Over Chicago - strong heavy pad on this one has muffled the volume on the other track a bit, not a lot u can do. lower the eq's but then it can be harsh to bring them back up later. mix sounded cool. that snare from the previous track still stayed prominent over the broken beats of om unit. liked it mate.
Alix Perez - Crystals - a little harsh to start with but sounding good once we got rolling.
Spectrasoul - Slippin' - lovely.
Dexta & Hyroglifcs - Boxgroove - clean mix.
Stray - Matchsticks - nice. overall vol dropped a bit here. wicked tune. much flavor.
Sabre - Cashmere For Christmas - liked it. nice smooth transition.
Tom Encore - The Roach (Deft Remix) - as above man. some skilled transitions. more people should do this more. rather than worry about doubling every track. selection > the actual blend.
Break They're Wrong (Calibre Alternate Remix) - no f ing about. straight back at it.
Pessimist - Niche - personally i would have switched when the dark noises came in. then chucked they're wrong back in gently at the drop. still a nice mix tho.
? - ah ha! another tune by "?" i liked his earlier work... they by the same people? im enticed by that snap. yeah, i want this tune.
Spectrasoul - Alibi - great mix. would have sounded a little better keeping alibi's eq's down until the drums cut out before the drop, then had a quick switch at the drop.
Total Science - Cold Blood (feat. Riya - wicked. vocal had loads of room in the mix. nicely done.
Break - Wondering Why - COOL.
Calibre - Dema Beats - great blend. had some nice energy when this dropped, at at the right time too. wondering why could have been slightly lower in the mix so its drums melted into dema beats drums just that lil bit more.
Mr Joseph - Sweetest Thing (Feat. Katie White) - lush! tracks worked really well with each other.
Fre4knc - Full Measure - nice mix of soft and hard here. worked well together.
Stealth - Nightfall (feat. Codebreaker - grrrrr!!! seriously tough.
Bad Company - Planet Dust - ambitious mix. pulled it off tho. little harsh/loud in places but nice all the same.
Future Cut - 20/20 (Chase & Status Remix) - nicely done.
Doc Scott - The Unofficial Ghost - tunage.
Ivy Lab - Missing Persons (outro) flavor for the finish.

mate. really liked this mix. the selection was spot on. had a real vibe and progression about it. rocked the whole thing without getting bored or inpatient waiting for the next track.

Jesus, good to get some old skool teddy bizzle feedback! Know exactly what you mean about ruffhouse/clarity type tunes cant deal with it for longer than half an hour or so variety is definitely the key.

And yeah totally agree with the trend of double dropping everything it can get predictable (and those hip hoppy half time tunes sound better rolling out solo imo)

The first ? is by some friends who sent me some tunes, pretty sure I cant say what it is yet unfortunately but they've got some bangers in the works - TRANSPARENT - https://soundcloud.com/transparentmusic

second ? is by this fella who also has some absolute beauties locked away think Ivy Lab/Halogenix has played it a few times but again I can't quote the name or i'll get in trouble! - https://soundcloud.com/forren

and yeah that planet dust nightfall double is my proudest mix on there even if i did slip on the intro... its not a perfect mix but hey thanks again for listening and the feedback is top notch as per like I say. Will try and get the next one done in a month! (I said try) :)

Persecute was a wicked intro. Not thought of using that as an intro before, and not heard Adamantium before, which sounded cool with Persecute. Really liked both ? tunes in there. One of them sounded like it had that Skeptical / Dub Phizix kick going on with the beat, which has to be a good thing :) Forgot what Grey Skies Over Chicago was when it was coming in, with its menacing drone. Made me reach for that again last night (y) Matchsticks - Cashmere For Christmas - The Roach (Deft Remix) was a quality string, going in on that experimental flex. Always great to hear Alibi mixed really well, and not heard Cold Blood before, with reminded me of a Need For Mirrors simple but effective beat and hook. Missing Persons as an outro was sublime too, letting that roll out on its own for full effect right the way through. More mixes like that please FH :)

Have to echo some of Father Teds sentiments. Really enjoyed this mix. Listened to it in the car without a TL so it was fresh. The progression from the minimal stuff through the experimental flavours to more rolling bits and some classics thrown in along the way made for a really nice ride.

And yeah totally agree with the trend of double dropping everything it can get predictable (and those hip hoppy half time tunes sound better rolling out solo imo)

and yeah that planet dust nightfall double is my proudest mix on there even if i did slip on the intro... its not a perfect mix but hey thanks again for listening

Letting tunes breath and letting the tunes do the talking shows that selection plays a big part in a mix. The selection and variety in this was top drawer (y)

I didn't notice anything that stood out with that Planet Dust mix. Just come together well and was a bit different, with regard to what it was being mixed with.

Really glad your feeling it man I hope I can do the next one soon! I'll be checking out your latest mix this weekend too fella, thanks a bunch

Back
Top Bottom