Ableton 9 sends help

Tone1304

so, heres the problem, I have my snare track, and a send track that has a saturator on, when i solo the snare, only the snare plays..obvious :P and the same for the send, but when i solo the snare track and the send track together, the whole beat group plays not just them two tracks, and only the snare is being sent, i've tried sending them both to a bus track but that didn't help either :S you guys have any ideas on what the problem could be?

so, heres the problem, I have my snare track, and a send track that has a saturator on, when i solo the snare, only the snare plays..obvious :P and the same for the send, but when i solo the snare track and the send track together, the whole beat group plays not just them two tracks, and only the snare is being sent, i've tried sending them both to a bus track but that didn't help either :S you guys have any ideas on what the problem could be?

very strange, it does indeed play the whole group, I have just done a test:

2 channels, grouped

Channel 1 sent to Send A

Solo Send A, Channel 1 only plays
Solo Send A and Channel 1, both Channel 1 and Channel 2 plays

I dont think that is intentional on Abletons part, suggest contacting customer support and see what they say - i'll see what I can find out too

this feature is intentional, had a long reply back from Ableton explaining it (waiting for permission to post it up here), and they said that it wasn't documented but would be on their knowledge base soon

I've asked them to clarify it a bit more - I understand why it is happening, but i'm not convinced its very intuitive, and potentially a bit restrictive in terms of routing and monitoring, but we'll see what they say!

this feature is intentional, had a long reply back from Ableton explaining it (waiting for permission to post it up here), and they said that it wasn't documented but would be on their knowledge base soon

I've asked them to clarify it a bit more - I understand why it is happening, but i'm not convinced its very intuitive, and potentially a bit restrictive in terms of routing and monitoring, but we'll see what they say!

Interesting, seems a disadvantage at first look, hopefully you get a good response.

thanks for the responses guys, on further looking at the problem it seems that when you solo the track, the send also solos, pretty weird but i guess thats just the way it is, i would still like to know why the group plays when both are soloed though, cos i want to mix the snare track and send together with out the whole beat :S

Back
Top Bottom