Pioneer Turntable

not a fan of the cdj-style start/stop button, bit ghey

- - - Updated - - -

they can still take my money though

£599.99 apparently.. not too bad... how much were brand new technics?

Last edited:
they look pretty decent, might have to invest in a pair in the future when my stanton T.62's pack it in haha

not a fan of the cdj-style start/stop button, bit ghey

- - - Updated - - -

they can still take my money though

£599.99 apparently.. not too bad... how much were brand new technics?

£599.99 each?

Where you get the info?

If this isn't a troll then surely it'll just be a loss leader? Don't really see the logic behind pushing out old technology, when there'll be little demand for them from the club scene which is what they target first surely

If this isn't a troll then surely it'll just be a loss leader? Don't really see the logic behind pushing out old technology, when there'll be little demand for them from the club scene which is what they target first surely

Its in demand when people need it. A lot still do!

Pioneer has carried out an in-depth investigation into turntable users’ needs in order to produce a user-friendly control layout.
"So, we'll just copy the 1200 layout then?"
"Yeah."

In all seriousness though: Considering the way Apple and Samsung has been bickering over minute details when it comes to product design, how does this not end up in courts? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if you could use Technics replacement parts for this, it's so similar.

The Technics patent ran out years ago

Thats why American Audio, Reloop, Gemini and all the others recent turntables all look exactly the same

Nothing will ever beat the 1210/1200 though

Plus, if the pitches are as flimsy as they are on the CDJ then it'll be shit

Anyone here had a go or even bought one of these?
Yeah, my regular club bought them.

They're great, at least equally good as 1200s, possibly better. The pitch fader is really nice and smooth, very good for small adjustments.
We'll have to wait 20 years until we can make a reasonable comparison on durability, but the fact that all cables are detachable without having to open the casing makes replacing broken cables easier than on the 1200s at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone here had a go or even bought one of these?
Yeah, my regular club bought them.

They're great, at least equally good as 1200s, possibly better. The pitch fader is really nice and smooth, very good for small adjustments.
We'll have to wait 20 years until we can make a reasonable comparison on durability, but the fact that all cables are detachable without having to open the casing makes replacing broken cables easier than on the 1200s at least.

Back
Top Bottom