Pioneer Turntable

Fiddled with one in a shop. Felt nice, and I'm sure they'e benchmarked it against the Techs so that stat wise it does everything better on paper. Still sceptical whether it will stand the test of time next to the 1200s though.

Was seriously considering getting these for my birthday... Might swerve it after watching that review.
[MENTION=90600]akasd001[/MENTION] can you check the feedback on yours if you turn the gain up?

I don't know how to embed videos.

Buyer beware.
http://youtu.be/mNzMcH2ZbtU

Was seriously considering getting these for my birthday... Might swerve it after watching that review.
[MENTION=90600]akasd001[/MENTION] can you check the feedback on yours if you turn the gain up?

Fucking hell that feedback is awful...

That video was quite interesting actually, the fact it was all spec'd as for using the Rubber Mat...instead of the slipmat was a bit odd initially.
Heavy Duty rubber base > ABS plastic base.

What cracks me up about this is like the guy said there are Technics that have been serviced, parts changed that are 20 years old+ and they are still going strong, you'd have a nightmare trying to change anything on these...

The reason I say this my 1210's were a bit of a botched DIY rescue job...got them, replaced the pitch, bit of a cleanup and they work perfectly for years. Bit of TLC and hey presto we are back up running. Can't imagine these Pioneers will be here being serviced in 20 years time...

Obviously not going to deny that demonstration, but as I said I've played these in a club for a couple of months without issues. Even played some lacquer cuts of my own tracks, which require more gain than regular pressed records, without feedback issues.
Granted, it's not like I'm standing on top of the Valve system, but there's still a solid amount of bass where the turntables are placed. And there's a 1500W monitor placed next to the table the turntables are on. The gain knobs in the video are way above 12 o' clock, which usually means the meters are well in the red with normal records. So I don't know how much of a problem this is in a regular environment.

Obviously not a good look though, feedback issues are pretty much on top of my shitlist when playing records :burn:

Back
Top Bottom