Anyone got a Xone 42

Looked at getting one a while back let us know how you get on!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Will do mate

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about getting a 42 or a used 62..

Reckon id regret not getting the two filters. And I cant afford a 92.

I was looking at the 92 but same as you, can't afford it! For the bedroom setup the 92 would be a bit overkill anyway (wouldn't be saying that if I had the money!)

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a 42, love it!

How long have you had one? What's the sound quality like compared to your previous mixer(s)?

i've got a 42, and after using a mates 62 I personally find mine a lot easier to use, and better laid out (not to mention superior faders).

Yes not having 2 filters is a slight downside, but it isn't the end of the world, and you get a hell of a lot of mixer for the money.

I am thinking of downsizing soon (need to raise some cash), so may consider parting with mine if you're interested? owned since November.

i've got a 42, and after using a mates 62 I personally find mine a lot easier to use, and better laid out (not to mention superior faders).

Yes not having 2 filters is a slight downside, but it isn't the end of the world, and you get a hell of a lot of mixer for the money.

I am thinking of downsizing soon (need to raise some cash), so may consider parting with mine if you're interested? owned since November.

How much you selling yours for mate

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to sound like an idiot but how does the filters work on the 42 compared to a traktor s4 for example?
Can I only use it on one channel at a time?

How much you selling yours for mate

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to sound like an idiot but how does the filters work on the 42 compared to a traktor s4 for example?
Can I only use it on one channel at a time?

not too sure, its online for around the £625-650 mark, and ive got a decksaver cover for it too (sick for keeping it free of dust and dirt) so would want £570 minimum for it, can put pics etc up for you

yea you press the button in for whatever channel you want, it can do multiple at one time only 1 control knob for the filter.

That's quite a high price mate. I was thinking £450!

So when i'm mixing 2 records and I've got the hpf on one channel can I turn the filter on channel a off at the same time like the s4? That's sll I need anyway

That's quite a high price mate. I was thinking £450!

So when i'm mixing 2 records and I've got the hpf on one channel can I turn the filter on channel a off at the same time like the s4? That's sll I need anyway

I'm not desperate to sell, I'd probs drop down to circa 550 but it's not that old and has the cover for it, saving nearly 100 for basically b stock.

Yea basically how it works, all the channels have wet/dry knobs too, for routed external fx and the filters

Like the ecler but xone filters are sooo good, and not much of a fan of the ecler fader curve

effects dont particularly bother me, would like a filter however, just trying to figure out is it really worth the small upgrade, wont cost me much after I have sold the nuo.

Any allen and heath mixer + mixing dnb = dream combination, its the supreme team.
You honestly don't need much more than the xone filters for the mixes you can do with dnb IMO.

However - I have to agree with Joey that I think the Pioneer mixers are better if your dabbling into other genres. Much more effects which you can utilize to change up your set

Yeah I dont mix other genres at all so meh but yeah my 42 is coming tomorrow now! Wondering how one filter is for dnb though, any tips on how to set it up for mixing dnb?

Yeah I dont mix other genres at all so meh but yeah my 42 is coming tomorrow now! Wondering how one filter is for dnb though, any tips on how to set it up for mixing dnb?

If I only had one filter i wouldnt really use it i dont think but i have a 62 so peeps with a 42 might be able to help. I dont even use them now as i do 3 decks as standard so using them gets very messy and levels jump up and down when you turn them on and off.

Just have a fiddle like Joey said (y)

If I only had one filter i wouldnt really use it i dont think but i have a 62 so peeps with a 42 might be able to help. I dont even use them now as i do 3 decks as standard so using them gets very messy and levels jump up and down when you turn them on and off.

Just have a fiddle like Joey said (y)

Yeah I can imagine levels are really fiddly, im only on two atm, want a third but considering switching to vinyl recently, but yeah waiting on the delivery now!

Back
Top Bottom