Wobble jump up tunes 2008-2009

one of my favourite proper jump up tunes was zero g - justice, also zero g - see clear.

The tune at around 2 mins is i think. Mutated forms - Jah is coming (zen remix)

Ohhh shit do I hear a coki and benga - night dnb speed at the end?

Some of guvs tunes are pretty good. (Commander) and (blood)
And micky finn and erb an dub - 90 seconds (sensai remix)
I know a few more

Last edited:
Nice one mate, you got more like this?

I wonder if there are any producers who still make tracks like that. Maybe heist's plot treason?

Heist is still producing some nice stuff. I think original sin is probably the guy that still produces that busy stuff, check out 'Radical'. Konichis old stuff and his alies 'meddler' has some nice stuff. Konichi - Im out. konichi - becoming. Meddler - deathroll. Sensai - the real world.
Heist - manimal

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically after Nu Urban went bust jump up has been utter cack...

what so in the last year or so it's gone cack? and because of that? nu-urban used to be my first port of call for downloads but I honestly can't tell a noticeable dip in jump up standards since it went offline. can you give any examples...

No quality control! Plus more and more shit tunes see the light of day now that should never be released! Digital era in full effect!

No quality control! Plus more and more shit tunes see the light of day now that should never be released! Digital era in full effect!

nah... nu-urban's digital store was already going strong by 2008, and I'd say less than 25% of tunes they sold on mp3 from that time until their closure ever got a release on vinyl. If you reckon digital has killed jump up then you'd probably have to blame nu-urban if anything. (But I don't reckon that's the case at all)

I don't fully blame digital, obviously the producer's have gotten lazy imo, recycling their sounds and vip'ing their tunes, just boring and unimaginative...

I agree that most jump up VIPs are pretty pointless now. most of them are just an extra wub somewhere and that's it, no other change

you get the odd one or two (like Hazard Food Fight VIP) which are actually different from the OG and that's how a VIP should be done imo

used to thrash tracks like this:

these tunes are so much fun to play (which is why I loved jump-up so much). They were not taking themselves too seriously, and crowds would lose their shit when they heard them haha. Listening back and I still actually like all the ones I have posted here (O own a few I don't I know that for sure though lol)

- - - Updated - - -

what I do hate (and always have hated) with this style is the DJ's seemingly NEEDING to play it at 182bpm. They tunes sound perfectly fine at 176...might as well be 'appy 'ardcore at 180+

what I do hate (and always have hated) with this style is the DJ's seemingly NEEDING to play it at 182bpm. They tunes sound perfectly fine at 176...might as well be 'appy 'ardcore at 180+

Dunno, some tunes sound sick slightly sped up, while others don't. Never really bothered me tbh

Back
Top Bottom