Why is DnB so unpopular when compared to other genres?

I live in Perth in Western Australia and it's pretty popular amongst people between 18 and 30 I think. I'm 16 though, and none of my friends nor anyone else I've encountered know of many DnB artists or about the genre itself. Perth just has a good scene because there's a lot of clubs and because Greg Packer introduced it to people and gave the genre a lot of exposure during the early 90's.
As for Rudimental, I actually quite like their music. Of course there's that cheap dirty kind of bassline in "Feel The Love", but I do genuinely think their music is worthy of the recognition it gets (however, I think most people like their songs for the vocals, rather than the DnB).
One weird thing I have found is that High Contrast's remix of "Strong" by London Grammar is played rather than the original tune, and it does better in the charts (I've seen it at at least around number 18).

Riisu & Boudi are the obvious one. They got together at a dnbforum meet I think?

Prospect & Chloe?

both still together from as far as i can tell aswell :) (random fb fotos, haha)

on topic: mostly everyone (younger than 30) in northern germany knows of dnb and a lot of people go to club nights aswell. the ones who dont at least have been to some. theres the usual chavs who got no idea aswell, but i tend to not meet them so what do i know.

its on the upward trend here id say.

Back
Top Bottom