dnb or die

dekanta

Wobbling out to funky ass bass lines is my style!
Stoked to be a part of this forum... very much looking forward to seeing the talent that post threads in here.

I am from Adelaide, South Australia, the land of wine, stunning beaches and fat beatz.
In my old farm house on 28 acres of vineyard, 'the em-Pire' (because my name is em) we crank the beats, no neighbours, stunning ocean views is simply what is on the outside of my house. THe interior is getting CRAY Z....
I roll with 3 x 1200 technic turntables, self confessed vinyl addict. Dekanta is my DJ name. Because I love the vino.
My mate Dr Donk plugs his tribe synth through a few different fancy pedal (envelope filters, wa wa, u name it) then through my 4th channel.... and we smash it out.
It doesn't end there.... my kitchen is unconventional as a kitchen, it contains a drum kit, a piano, bass guitars, acoustic guitars, MC groove box 505, Hartke power, Bongo drum... i just need microphones now..... did i mention the 3 x 1200 Technics?
Til the break - Adelaide hip hop come to the em-Pire to Jam, Full Circle - Adelaide best cover band come to the em-Pire to jam.

It is the house of beatz. I keep the doors open to great people. I try to clean up the mess. I am the entertainer in many ways.

I have been mixing vinyl for almost 2 years.. check out my soundcloud if you have a moment. to spare, i put a new mix up on Saturday night that I complied quite quickly... it's called sinner.

https://soundcloud.com/dekanta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPkAhbNttZg

Damn straight Dr Donk puts a Donk on it.... this is his theme song... which we found a couple of years after I started calling him Dr Donk...
I started calling him Dr Donk because he kills small animals... he donks them. Animal looover to the point where everyone takes him injured animals they find.... which he takes into the back yard and donks them...
In fact I have this amazing picture he drew on a wall of the em-Pire... that says PUT A DONK ON IT!

Back
Top Bottom