Beat matching Traktor

onemike

Ez guys,

4 years ago I switched from vinyl to traktor. And I think it’s one of the best decisions I ever made because I saved a couple of thousand euro’s buying tunes. And the ease I can select my tunes.

Now yesterday my laptop went to the repairs shop so me and my mate had some fun with playing some of my old vinyl. What I have noticed is that beat matching with vinyl is so much easier. I think this strange because traktor has the same setup (vinyl).
Is there some option in the setting of traktor concerning beat matching (NO SYNCING!!)?
Because traktor never felt the same as spinning vinyl. Or do I need to change the weight settings of my technics.

I want to change this because when I beat match on Traktor the tunes never stay locked.

I hope u guys understand what I mean and have a solution for me.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem mate, only been using traktor for a month or so, find the two of them totally different

I have this exact problem, I'm not very good with turntables but I'm a lot better with actual records, with Serato the tempo drifts up and down so it's like mixing old disco tracks, not a fan at all tbh

ain't that a bitch! I'm struggling with this for 4 years now.
I'm concidering to go back to vinyl just because of this.

I hope there is a solution for this problem. I dont want to buy al those tunes again :teeth:

to be honest, I changed my settings from 33rpm to 45rpm and also I use the Bside of the traktor control which seemed to make a slight difference.

I'm already using the 45 rpm, and bought 2 new traktor vinyls recently. But no difference for me.
Also with the b side.

Last edited:
is it down to the control vinyl being more skippy etc? have you tried applying more weight on the tonearm and checked your anti skate etc?

No it’s not skippy, but what Shatner said. Tempo is constantly changing. So when I think it’s locked, and I slowly bring a tune in..Bamm! Trainwreck!
I’m going to try to change the tonearm tonight when I’m home. I hope it’s going to work.

Sounds more of a config issue mate. Have u checked with the native instruments forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where are you getting your digi tracks from?
if you are playing vinyl rips as mp3, there is no guarantee that the audio file you are playing isn't changing pitch on it own during playback.

@ Hyper Thnx for the info I'm going to check it out when i'm at home
@ Teddy Just the normal shops like Junodownload and surus. I've a couple of vinyl rip but dont use them that much.

please let us know how you get on man. to be fair though you will notice a slight difference compared to mixing vinyl as vinyl is well... better!

I had this problem for a bit but fucked around with my laptop for ages, changing settings in traktor and on my laptop and now it seems to work ok. Still only play it on the odd occasion though when I wanna spin some new jump up, can't beat the vinyl's, only got it for tunes you can't get on vinyl

I had this when I first got Traktor, just went through all the usual stuff, calibrating weights etc, I find if you leave it for a good minute or 2 calibrating before you mix, it works better

I had this problem for a bit but fucked around with my laptop for ages, changing settings in traktor and on my laptop and now it seems to work ok. Still only play it on the odd occasion though when I wanna spin some new jump up, can't beat the vinyl's, only got it for tunes you can't get on vinyl

What kind of setting did you chance? And did it help?

I had this when I first got Traktor, just went through all the usual stuff, calibrating weights etc, I find if you leave it for a good minute or 2 calibrating before you mix, it works better

Oke so this worked for me. Usually I start right away. I open my laptop, open traktor and start mixing.
yesterday I started calibrating first. After that I did a 2 hour mix, and everthing worked perfectly.

I even recorded a little mix :banana:

Strange that this never crossed my mind.

Thank you all!

interesting, I always thought it was just the fact it was a digital system rather than analogue that made it different. I'll try the calibration technique.
I do find it frustrating sometimes when it drifts way out due to 0.01 bpm differences, but then I chase the fader a little more on vinyl and actually listen to the music instead of being distracted by my laptops pretty colours.

Pro tip: Map both decks calibrates to an unused key on your laptop keyboard, no more pissing with the mouse and that clunky UI, just press it. Shazzam!
Mines mapped to the ¬ key, whatever the hell that is.

Back
Top Bottom