Beat matching Traktor

interesting, I always thought it was just the fact it was a digital system rather than analogue that made it different. I'll try the calibration technique.
I do find it frustrating sometimes when it drifts way out due to 0.01 bpm differences, but then I chase the fader a little more on vinyl and actually listen to the music instead of being distracted by my laptops pretty colours.

Pro tip: Map both decks calibrates to an unused key on your laptop keyboard, no more pissing with the mouse and that clunky UI, just press it. Shazzam!
Mines mapped to the ¬ key, whatever the hell that is.

the beauty of novation dicers, have them setup with track browse, calibration and cue point 2

the beauty of novation dicers, have them setup with track browse, calibration and cue point 2

Thats all you need really I guess. You have the facility to use buttons as modifiers too with traktor mappings, but it will get complicated. lol.
Never think about getting yourself an X1? I havent even touched another controller since I got it, unless another x1 counts? ;)

I do use a Service Stopper batch file with my (windows 7) DJ machine too, it basically shuts down everything apart from the core OS. It has stopped some little niggles with my machine.
If theres enough interest I'll figure a way of uploading it for you guys.

Thats all you need really I guess. You have the facility to use buttons as modifiers too with traktor mappings, but it will get complicated. lol.
Never think about getting yourself an X1? I havent even touched another controller since I got it, unless another x1 counts? ;)

I do use a Service Stopper batch file with my (windows 7) DJ machine too, it basically shuts down everything apart from the core OS. It has stopped some little niggles with my machine.
If theres enough interest I'll figure a way of uploading it for you guys.

Was contemplating an X1, then saw the dicers for £50 used and couldn't say no, they look sick too!

I find it even goes out on CDJs. Can't comment on the calibration A/B tho, will check that next time I mix.

I too find that Traktor DVS just isnt the same as actual Vinyl - the same when using CD Timecoding too. That said I always wondered whether it was just being presented with an actual BPM on the screen that throws me out - as when I stop looking at that and go be ear/feel then it just works - even if Traktor tells me that its not all perfect.. Maybe a little TMI for me maybe :)

When I use Traktor I barely look at the screen. The GUI is stripped back to the bare minimum. Just the waveform and te tune browser.

I'm still a vinyl head though. I still can't vibe with a computer. I like the urgency of slapping a tune on a deck and quickly trying to find the cue point.

good stuff, shame some cunt stole my traktor box at a gig otherwise i'd still be using it home

Back
Top Bottom