Website (Beta mode) ... Have a look guys. We're looking to add .....

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
Hi guys, our website is currently being built, its a long way from finished. We've not even sorted a domain name yet.

Anyway, we're looking to add an events page, artist interviews, maybe a mini forum even. If you think theres anything youd like to contribute or constructive critism fire away.

http://soulflex.wix.com/soulflex-digital

get someone to copy check your writing. less is more when it comes to words.

e.g.

"Soul Flex Digital is a Liquid Drum and Bass label delivering quality releases within the digital market"

"Soul Flex Digital is a Liquid Drum and Bass label delivering quality digital releases"

"Artists with releases on the label include... "

"Our artists include..."

Excessive wordiness is a plague of the d&b scene. Trim out unnecessary language.

"The ethos behind the label is to give a platform to new and talented artists to have their music heard alongside some of the more established artists on the label."

This isn't really an ethos, it's a very basic function almost any label should be dealing in. Your ethos should describe the character of the label not its functionality. If someone asks you to describe your personal character you don't describe what you do for a job. Same thing applies for your label.
If you don't have an ethos it's probably worth thinking about long & hard as it's the thing that will set you apart from other labels.

Fix typos:

"Soul Flex provides a vast variety of different styles within the liquid genre, we sticking to one particular style only restricts our ability to release such amazing music from our talented artists."

he was exposed to the rave scene through some of he's older friends.

"Dubsta's first proffessional dabble"

etc...

On your 'release page' it reads:

"Please note that all buy links can be found in the soundcloud clips descriptions if you wish to purchase these tracks"

You're forcing people to make extra clicks when you could have the 'buy' links right there in front of them.
When you want people to take action always reduce the clicks down as close to 1 as you can get.

On that note, I clicked on one of the soundcloud tracks to see the buy links. You offer 6 places to buy but 50% of the links are broken - http://soundcloud.com/soul-flex-digital/sfd0009-vapour-nightfly

Also, if a track is out why not activate the soundcloud 'buy' button on it? It's one less click.

This biog: http://soulflex.wix.com/soulflex-digital#!free-bird/csek

reads like it was written by a non-native english speaker, probably the German artist. You should fix that.

Your label facebook icon leads to a personal profile. You should switch that to a label page.

get someone to copy check your writing. less is more when it comes to words.

e.g.

"Soul Flex Digital is a Liquid Drum and Bass label delivering quality releases within the digital market"

"Soul Flex Digital is a Liquid Drum and Bass label delivering quality digital releases"

"Artists with releases on the label include... "

"Our artists include..."

Excessive wordiness is a plague of the d&b scene. Trim out unnecessary language.

"The ethos behind the label is to give a platform to new and talented artists to have their music heard alongside some of the more established artists on the label."

This isn't really an ethos, it's a very basic function almost any label should be dealing in. Your ethos should describe the character of the label not its functionality. If someone asks you to describe your personal character you don't describe what you do for a job. Same thing applies for your label.
If you don't have an ethos it's probably worth thinking about long & hard as it's the thing that will set you apart from other labels.

Fix typos:

"Soul Flex provides a vast variety of different styles within the liquid genre, we sticking to one particular style only restricts our ability to release such amazing music from our talented artists."

he was exposed to the rave scene through some of he's older friends.

"Dubsta's first proffessional dabble"

etc...

On your 'release page' it reads:

"Please note that all buy links can be found in the soundcloud clips descriptions if you wish to purchase these tracks"

You're forcing people to make extra clicks when you could have the 'buy' links right there in front of them.
When you want people to take action always reduce the clicks down as close to 1 as you can get.

On that note, I clicked on one of the soundcloud tracks to see the buy links. You offer 6 places to buy but 50% of the links are broken - http://soundcloud.com/soul-flex-digital/sfd0009-vapour-nightfly

Also, if a track is out why not activate the soundcloud 'buy' button on it? It's one less click.

This biog: http://soulflex.wix.com/soulflex-digital#!free-bird/csek

reads like it was written by a non-native english speaker, probably the German artist. You should fix that.

Your label facebook icon leads to a personal profile. You should switch that to a label page.

Needs more DJ Encee Q&A Stickam Sessions imo :teeth:

Thanks for the input... The broken links issue is quite a concern tbh, i actually have someone who takes care of the soundcloud side of things for me.... or should i say i did..... I never realised the links were broken, very un-proffessional. Im guessing its lost a few sales. Needless to say they wont be working with me anymore. I literally spent all of last night re-adding new links. Still got a few to go, but lesson learnt, if you want something done do it yourself.

With regards to the website yes i agree on everything you have pointed out, it is still in its infancy so i will get a few things changed.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom