Forthcoming Critical/Modulations Releases

Will be bagging too. It does sound varied and similar if thats possible.

A fair few of Sam Binga's solo productions are SO short. I don't get why an artist would make a short track other that to switch it at the drop for maximum effect. Some other tunes from other artist do this. Just give us a few more repeated loops on the end to make the tunes a bit more dj friendly to mix out of!! Not asking for much
A lot of the tunes are meant for 32 bar quick mixes hip hop style instead of long blends.

- - - Updated - - -

Grabbing it for Elastic and Chasic. Not too keen on the tunes with Redders.

Maan i hate those drums so much, Critical should stick to signing interesting people like Sabre, Sam Binga, Ivy Lab etc not this boring rubbish, it's not very creative, is it? Be honest.

Maan i hate those drums so much, Critical should stick to signing interesting people like Sabre, Sam Binga, Ivy Lab etc not this boring rubbish, it's not very creative, is it? Be honest.

:word:

tech/neuro is big now init? But I believe there's a new Ivy Lab EP coming soon anyway... (was mentioned here I think)

:word:

tech/neuro is big now init? But I believe there's a new Ivy Lab EP coming soon anyway... (was mentioned here I think)

First of, it's Binary, not Critical. I believe that was the purpose of creating this sublabel. Second, this tune is actually good and that's coming from a person who found most of techy/neuro production in the last year to be very poor. Btw as much as I like Sabre/Ivy Lab, I wouldn't say their stuff is ALWAYS interesting and there's hardly anything wrong about releasing more music from different artists for anyone to pick what they feel.

ok forget what I said about Sabre/Ivy Lab, there are so many labels pushing this sort of boring plastic neuro stuff, Critical/Binary seem to have always been, and should be, about putting something different out there, or at least not hugely generic music. A label should (loosely, maybe) associate with a sound, not be putting stuff out like AYO and then the Mefjus album/this release, no need to be so broad. IMO of course, and i'm lean as fuck rambling

plus, I hate neuro, i think it's obnoxious and the just like brostep is to dubstep

First of, it's Binary, not Critical.

So what? There's more and more tech/neuro signed to the label (in general) then ever. So we're entitled to be worried are we? ;)

I believe that was the purpose of creating this sublabel

After 4 releases I can't see the "musical" purpose of Binary. Hyroglifics wasn't tech. Klax was something inbetween. But this and the last release were full on blown neuro. Binary = Digital only, I think that's the only purpose.

some of the shit that is chatted on this forum is ridiculous. no wonder so few of the label bosses are still on here

ok forget what I said about Sabre/Ivy Lab, there are so many labels pushing this sort of boring plastic neuro stuff, Critical/Binary seem to have always been, and should be, about putting something different out there, or at least not hugely generic music. A label should (loosely, maybe) associate with a sound, not be putting stuff out like AYO and then the Mefjus album/this release, no need to be so broad. IMO of course, and i'm lean as fuck rambling

plus, I hate neuro, i think it's obnoxious and the just like brostep is to dubstep

If you've seen me posting on here you'd know I hate Mefjus as much as the next guy :teeth: Truth is, I accepted the fact Critical has gone down the road I don't personally feel too much, but after all it's their call to make, not mine. We've seen this all before, once the label becomes a bit more prominent, they usually try to broaden their horizons and encorporate some extra stuff into their catalogue (with the exception of maybe Metalheadz, Horizons and Spearhead for that matter) and in most of the cases (if not in every case) it goes south as far as the original fanbase of the label is concerned. But that's life. There are literally shit tons of other smaller labels pushing an incredible amount of amazing music so it's hardly a problem to go look for that and stop moaning about a sub-label releasing techier stuff. I wasn't a huge fan of Binary, so far I only liked Klax' release, but this got me interested, after all Current Value usually does quite a different music and it doesn't sound that bad imo. But hey :)

So what? There's more and more tech/neuro signed to the label (in general) then ever. So we're entitled to be worried are we? ;)

After 4 releases I can't see the "musical" purpose of Binary. Hyroglifics wasn't tech. Klax was something inbetween. But this and the last release were full on blown neuro. Binary = Digital only, I think that's the only purpose.

More likely to release music from producers not associated with Critical that Kasra is feeling like pushing.

that current value tune blows, we want the ivy lab ep not this crap kasra, sort it out

Shush :teeth:

The whole reason I run a label is to release drum and bass that I like, music I find exciting and love to DJ in my sets.

That music is made by the artists whos music I chose to release on the label and that artist can be Current Value or it can be Sam Binga. There are no rules to how a label should or shouldnt be run. And if everyone did everything the same way wouldnt it be boring?

This year we have music coming everyone on the roster - Ivy Lab, Sam Binga, Hyroglifics, Emperor, Enei, Me, Foreign Concept, Mefjus and more from guests such as Current Value.

If you dont like a certain release thats fine, no one is in a position to dictate ones taste but please do so with respect and patience.

Ivy Lab up next so everyone can chill out a bit.

I don't think I said anything particularly disrespectful, just said I think it's rubbish. Obviously no one is gonna try and tell anyone how to run a label, I just wish the current direction was a bit different and posted about it on a forum.

Back
Top Bottom