Waves TrackSpacer?

Yup, I've got it.

It takes a bit of fiddling to find the optimal setting, but once you get the hang of it it's quite effective. Helps especially with helping a vocal (or lead, for example) gain some space with a busy mix.

Just be sure not to over do it, as it can quickly suck the life out of a mix.

I should also mention that, while it's a great plugin, I tend to use it as a last resort because if the overall mix has issues due to frequency clashing, phase cancellation, etc. then track spacer won't be of any use. If your mix is sounding good but you're looking for something like a vocal to "sit" above a lot of sounds, track spacer will work nicely. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Yup, I've got it.

It takes a bit of fiddling to find the optimal setting, but once you get the hang of it it's quite effective. Helps especially with helping a vocal (or lead, for example) gain some space with a busy mix.

Just be sure not to over do it, as it can quickly suck the life out of a mix.

I should also mention that, while it's a great plugin, I tend to use it as a last resort because if the overall mix has issues due to frequency clashing, phase cancellation, etc. then track spacer won't be of any use. If your mix is sounding good but you're looking for something like a vocal to "sit" above a lot of sounds, track spacer will work nicely. Does that make sense?

Yes. Makes total sense. Its not a be all end all of mixdowns. I figured. As a frequency side chain i can imagine less noticeable ducking in the vocals than a compressor. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom