Bots..

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
andwagarclev, brambuck, celebritybrautk, ecochealero, eherzbergrodr, kosskath, ooodtebowsherw, rgundrymatt, rrraralto, tpstena

Lots of us have had bots visit our 'home pages' in droves but none of them appear to have posted anything.

I'm confused can anyone explain?

Today's BirthdaysToday's Birthdays
smith9328 (26), smith9329 (26), jaxon6544 (26), jaxon6546 (26), omgz (23), smithn656 (26), smithn658 (26), julilali (24), marky1702 (27), smite8741 (27)

I think this prejudice against robots must end. One day they will be our masters and will remember the injustice of the DnB forum and smite us. All hail CuteGirlUK bot.

The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
andwagarclev, Dugg Funnie, ecochealero, eherzbergrodr, ewiegerhous, ouvernoiswayl, Papa Jaro, rgundrymatt, tiggettsarth, untermutejama

This is from IV4's homepage thing. It used to be real users who'd appear on the list (which you curiously don't have anymore Shatner). Just curious as to why the change.

I made a separate usergroup for users with 0 posts a couple of days ago so that I could disable homepage links and signatures for them. Just to stop them signing up and getting back links to their sites. Then I went through and banned 3500 of them with spammy homepage links and signatures.

I can't find any settings to disable usergroups from being shown on recent visitors (other than stopping them from viewing your profile completely).

Also banned members usernames were changed back to pink the other day.

That's cool I don't care who's visited my page I was just wondering why it'd happened. You're doing a good job though mate we've been spam free for ages.

I found a plugin that stops the bots from registering. No idea how it works, I don't think anyone knows how it works or else the bots would get around it.

Here's the last 6 hours of bots that it has stopped from registering :missile:

spamstats.jpg

Back
Top Bottom