Transpose/pitching

kieran t

Just wondered if there is a way of pitching a kick up 2 semi tones or where ever you want it without the pitch going higher or it's tone changing if you will?
So it sits higher frequency but keeps its original sound.

Sounds impossible but I know there are programs like ez dj where you can speed tracks up to stupid speed but it stays in original key / pitch.

Also having a few issues making my breaks gel any tips would be appreciated

so you want to change the pitch without changing the pitch?

yeah... what?

you can change the speed without changing the pitch, if that's what you mean.

Yeah it's stupid lol but I think I will need a different sample coz it looses the sound what I want from the sample when it's pitched.

Not the best explanation ever lol

You're trying to bypass the whole kick and sub problems frequency clash, aren't you?
Only thing that helps is sidechaining and eq.
In response to your original question, you can change the pitch without changing the speed, or you can change the speed without changing the pitch, or both, but it will always sound different.

Only thing that helps is sidechaining and eq.
In response to your original question, you can change the pitch without changing the speed, or you can change the speed without changing the pitch, or both, but it will always sound different.

Yes and yes lol
I think I've overworked my brain today gonna call it a day. Get back on t tomorrow :)
Cheers

Change the sample. You can force it into place to a certain degree, but after a few hours of trying to get the kick to sit with the sub, id change the sample.

Yeah I know that lol was just wondering if there was a way of keeping the sound like it said it sounds impossible.
Had to change sample then I fucked the tune off once again!
Sick of restarting I get so far then back to the beginning. :(

^ What sampler do you use? I've been pretty dirt-cheap in regards production tools so far (but do plan to splurge on some serious stuff, mainly hardware, when the time's good for it) so I've gotten a decent eye for cheap/free plug-ins that are worth using.

Been using a sampler called ShortCircuit for a while now, it's god-like. Dunno if it'll resolve your issue but it's worked good for my drum samples and that's with pitching in the sampler itself. It's from the same people who worked on some of Albeton's features even, so it's pretty quality. Try Googling it :)

^ What sampler do you use? I've been pretty dirt-cheap in regards production tools so far (but do plan to splurge on some serious stuff, mainly hardware, when the time's good for it) so I've gotten a decent eye for cheap/free plug-ins that are worth using.

Been using a sampler called ShortCircuit for a while now, it's god-like. Dunno if it'll resolve your issue but it's worked good for my drum samples and that's with pitching in the sampler itself. It's from the same people who worked on some of Albeton's features even, so it's pretty quality. Try Googling it :)

I use logic so either the ultrabeat or the exs
Will check that one out man!
Dont think I could ever resolve that problem the way I asked in this post pretty much a pissing in the wind question ha
Change sample is the only way really

Did you try putting the transient on its own track then just pitching down the tail?

If a kick or snare clashes with a sub or any other sound it's always worth trying to flip the phase. Sometimes that sorts it out. It's just a press of a button on a Cubase channel.

Did you try putting the transient on its own track then just pitching down the tail?

fuck doing tht man lol
i dont really mess to much with kicks anymore i just leave the kick as it is or change sample, i was using the kicks synths plugin by computer music a few months ago and got good results i like it as you have good control

Holy crap, man. Just EQ the god damn kick. :teeth:

hahaha if only it was just a case of eq and away you go , not always the case

I use logic so either the ultrabeat or the exs
Will check that one out man!
Dont think I could ever resolve that problem the way I asked in this post pretty much a pissing in the wind question ha
Change sample is the only way really

Yeah, it always helps to have a sample that's mostly the way you're picturing it for your track. The less EQ/compress/effect/layering the better, tho for really good kicks you'll usually have to do some combination of at least half those (layering almost always).

To answer your question tho: I'll say that, so far for what I've been doing, it works very well affecting pitch while keeping the tempo and speed the same as the original. Must be an algorithm thing. The really neat thing about the program is you can chain up to two "filters" (mix of filters and effects) per sample, and layer multiple different samples to the same key or keyrange or the same sample w/ different settings per copy.

There are also LFO envelopes and ways to route modulation per sample's filters (and you can group the samples too)....all in all really fuckin' powerful program for free.

Back
Top Bottom