Rifine's Ticky Ticky DnB Mix - Rockwell, Hybris, Alix Perez, Noisia, Sabre

Happy birthday mate, have a good'un!

Second or third time listening now, so ready to write some thoughts down;

>> Spinline - Life (Demand) <<
Rockwell - Stay Calm (Critical Records)
Phace & Noisia - Micro Organism (Neosignal Recordings)
Stray - The Pursuit (Warm Communications)

All of these go so well together, great selection, and definitely doing the ticky ticky brand justice. Shards is a wicked track, heard it before but never ID'd it. Rockwell's 2010ish output was incredible, all of it pretty 'ticky ticky'. Its a real shame its not like that anymore.

Alix Perez & Sabre - Hemlines (Shogun Audio)
Xtrah - Arise (Subtitles)

These two go really well - the techyness of Arise with the melodies of Hemlines fit perfectly. Cleaner rolls out nicely on top of Arise as well.
The Rain comes in soooo nicely with Beep, and rolls out perfectly. Perhaps the highlight blend for me. And i always like to hear some Instra:mental in a mix.

Big ups man, another wicked mix that I will continue listening too!

Sorry for the gappy review but listening at the same time as doing other things at the moment!

Thanks Rob!
Yeh, Rockwell & the video below was my inspiration for this mix. Like you say, shame he doesn't make tunes like that any more :-/ Nice one for mentioning that initial string of tunes :) Wanted to get stuck in there with some tunes to get the idea going of the tickiness in the mix

Was hoping someone would mention the Hemlines - Arise blend. That was one of my favourites in there and a lynchpin of the mix. The Rain - Beep came together a bit spontaneously but worked a treat I thought.

Sound for the feedback (y)

listened to this the other week, never commented or fed back, my bad, really enjoyed the intro, as others have said nice and ticky.
I felt overall it was more deep and soulful almost rather than fully ticky,
but thats no bad thing. too much ticky would have got boring imo.

good shit as ever man

Sound James. Glad you liked it!
Yeh, wanted to make it a bit spaced out in places rather than relentless ticky ticky, but am planning on making part 2 more full on if I can :) Did you have any favourite blends in there?

Really feeling this, just got to that Lomax tune, did it only get a 7" release?

Cheers Terps! Na, it was part of a 12" EP on Dat Music 2 with dBridge & Instramental on that bonus 7" you are thinking of. Any favourite blends of in there you thought?

Any more feedback from anyone else? Stu & Dan, did you get round to giving this a whirl? Djinn, Riisu, is this up your street?

Last edited by a moderator:
i did very much like life with create more. love create more, one of the amoss tunes that doesn't get much airing, so anything with that was also gona hit the spot

Yo - been well slack on feedback/forums atm. Downloaded this a while back and been listening to it a fair bit.

Fav parts

Phace & Noisia - Micro Organism (Neosignal

Rockwell - Shards (Renegade Hardware)
Lomax - Too Real (Soul:R)
Sub Zero - Protection (Playaz)

^^ this section still gets a whirl wicked chilled vibes.

Arise >> Cleaner was also pretty swish mang.

Selection essential as always. Nice to hear tunes like Life which I haven't played or heard in a minute. Certainly my personal favourite mix you have ever posted just for the reason the selection is pretty much everything I own myself.

Apologies for the late reply life and such is keeping me busy atm.

i did very much like life with create more. love create more, one of the amoss tunes that doesn't get much airing, so anything with that was also gona hit the spot

Nice one James. Yeh, Create More has been a fav Amoss tune since I got it :) Vastly overlooked if you ask me

Yo - been well slack on feedback/forums atm. Downloaded this a while back and been listening to it a fair bit.

Fav parts

Phace & Noisia - Micro Organism (Neosignal

Rockwell - Shards (Renegade Hardware)
Lomax - Too Real (Soul:R)
Sub Zero - Protection (Playaz)

^^ this section still gets a whirl wicked chilled vibes.

Arise >> Cleaner was also pretty swish mang.

Selection essential as always. Nice to hear tunes like Life which I haven't played or heard in a minute. Certainly my personal favourite mix you have ever posted just for the reason the selection is pretty much everything I own myself.

Apologies for the late reply life and such is keeping me busy atm.

Sound Stu! Thats cool. Am pleased that you like the few strings that you mentioned Stay Calm - Micro Organism was a favourite blend in there along with Shards - Too Real. Yeh, been pretty myself recently :-/

Anyone else want a slice of this? Going to give this till the end of the month bumpage

Really good mix man, some serious riddims chosen and I'm glad it's not just me who sees how fucking wicked Protection by Sub Zero is. Such a gem of a tune.

Noisia & Hybris - Crystalline (Invisible Recordings)
Amoss - Create More (Cyclone Recordings)
Dj Food - Dark Lady (Alix Perez rmx) (Ninja Tune)
Subwave - First Time (Metalheadz)

This section was a killer for me, that Life tease was super swish and again, another tune i love i never hear that often. Big up for adding Hemlines too man.

Overall fucking great stuff!

Really good mix man, some serious riddims chosen and I'm glad it's not just me who sees how fucking wicked Protection by Sub Zero is. Such a gem of a tune.

Noisia & Hybris - Crystalline (Invisible Recordings)
Amoss - Create More (Cyclone Recordings)
Dj Food - Dark Lady (Alix Perez rmx) (Ninja Tune)
Subwave - First Time (Metalheadz)

This section was a killer for me, that Life tease was super swish and again, another tune i love i never hear that often. Big up for adding Hemlines too man.

Overall fucking great stuff!

Thanks for the feedback man + picking up on the initial section that Wingz mentioned too. With a bit more thought, I should have kept this mix more slamming ticky ticky from First Time onwards, but I was pleased with it and how it turned out. Nice one for mentioning Protection, Life & Hemlines too :)

Back
Top Bottom