THE WIP THREAD

liking this man but i think the drums sound a bit too robotic?
need a bit more of a natural flow
also the needs needs some work
would like to hear the finished version

this is something i made out of samples and shit dont usually do this kind of tune
https://soundcloud.com/pathogendnb/pathogen-wip/s-J6BZJ

bit of an updated version

love this man, really stabby and percussive, clever atmos placement aswell, i'd definately play that out :)

been some time since i posted something here

https://soundcloud.com/markus-kocar/new-wip/s-AFkDI (if the first link isn't working, secret link etc)

I just couldn't leave that one with out reacting.
Big tune! Tight drums, huge bassline, I absolutely love it
And I loved the drop as well, caught me a bit off guard, but still everything fitted nicely. One advice: the drums are maybe a bit to quiet, the bassline is quite loud in the mix, me thinks.

And I leave my wip behind... Click the link, it's set as private.
Still working on the intro, but I need some comment on the main bit, and the snare.

https://soundcloud.com/deltadnb/pace/s-GF3TB

Still working on the intro, but I need some comment on the main bit, and the snare.

really dig the airy drums, also, the mids are the disprove comp samples aren't they? :P

TeeKay, the way this thread works is first you comment on something you like then you post your wip, just making clear ;)

heres something i started half a day ago, basically i got this drumloop and then the idea to get a theme around water, hence the name, drowning

i know it's pretty boring so far in terms of bass but i was trying to first get a good groove before moving on

really dig the airy drums, also, the mids are the disprove comp samples aren't they? :P

TeeKay, the way this thread works is first you comment on something you like then you post your wip, just making clear ;)

heres something i started half a day ago, basically i got this drumloop and then the idea to get a theme around water, hence the name, drowning

i know it's pretty boring so far in terms of bass but i was trying to first get a good groove before moving on

Got a lot of potential, I think it'd sound nice with a bit of reverb on the bass, so that it fits better with the atmosphere of the tune, I think it might sound good with some weighty, steppy drums aswell? Just a thought but I reckon it'd sound evil with that bass, but overall I quite like it, just needs work of course!

And my WIP! Haven't made an intro yet but I would like some feedback on the drums, whether the lack of percussion works or whether they need to be faster and more complex etc. but yeah let me know thoughts, please be critical :) (Called trife life because I sampled a noise from the Mobb Deep song of the same name)

https://soundcloud.com/sebk94/trife-life

I just couldn't leave that one with out reacting.
Big tune! Tight drums, huge bassline, I absolutely love it
And I loved the drop as well, caught me a bit off guard, but still everything fitted nicely. One advice: the drums are maybe a bit to quiet, the bassline is quite loud in the mix, me thinks.

commenting on this coz it's the last active link that followed the rule (even though im about to post more than 32 bars :carlton2:)

dope vibes man, the snare is slightly high n metallic for my taste, but i'm on headphones at the moment
feels like it's lacking weight next to that kick

wingz on point about the mids, maybe change up that one that starts at 49 secs in particular

here's somethin i rolled out tonight
still workin on the mixdown and tightening the bass groove up but any feedback is much appreciated

Last edited:

I feel the bass needs some beefing up, something more going on in the mids
The high noises are a bit wierd, but not bad at all. Drums defo need some variation, bassline same

It's a real short wip, and any feedback is more then welcome, but I'd like to know if the vocal is alright, it's the first time I try to use one like this

The high noises are a bit wierd, but not bad at all. Drums defo need some variation, bassline same

It's a real short wip, and any feedback is more then welcome, but I'd like to know if the vocal is alright, it's the first time I try to use one like this

Its groovy, thats good. but i feel like all the horns and guitars are a little too "up front" and need to be tamed. Id spread them out a little bit. maybe keep one of those samples in the middle and get some space variation. also in the intro maybe add some serious reverb on them and automate the decay and dry/wet to clean up the sounds as the get closer to the down beat. they also sound over compressed with a slow attack, making them too snappy and in turn competing with the snare. they also need to be eq'd to get the highs out of em.

I can hear the vinyl clicks in there. I'm guessing your going for an analog feel. If so, eq those horns and guitar sounds to sound more mono and low quality to give them that old radio sound. then when it drops, they open up and get warmer.

Either way, don't give away too much before the drop.

Its groovy, thats good. but i feel like all the horns and guitars are a little too "up front" and need to be tamed. Id spread them out a little bit. maybe keep one of those samples in the middle and get some space variation. also in the intro maybe add some serious reverb on them and automate the decay and dry/wet to clean up the sounds as the get closer to the down beat. they also sound over compressed with a slow attack, making them too snappy and in turn competing with the snare. they also need to be eq'd to get the highs out of em.

I can hear the vinyl clicks in there. I'm guessing your going for an analog feel. If so, eq those horns and guitar sounds to sound more mono and low quality to give them that old radio sound. then when it drops, they open up and get warmer.

Either way, don't give away too much before the drop.

Great feedback! Thanks alot! Well, the main instrument thing is a sample. But I'm sure it's not to hard to cut it up a bit and add some delay/reverb to get the instuments solo

Will definitely take all this to the project

thnx for the feedback mate.. will look into what yo said..

your snip... I love the laidback feeling of the track

the vocal in your track isn't bothering me, maybe cut off a little low end on it ? touch of verb or delay

Hi all,

I've just registered here to post my latest WIP. It sound really bad compared to tracks I´ve listened here. But it´s atm the best I can produce :\
So please give me some hints to boost up quality of the track.
Thanks in advance.

https://soundcloud.com/deter/hmc-temp

// sorry for my English

Back
Top Bottom