THE WIP THREAD

Here is a little wip... kinda nuero type bass offset with distant melody. The 2nd half/drop is being composed now.. will likely incorporate the lead-type that comes in at end of preview. Intro just slapped on so far will probably re-do that. Thanks for feedback on composition;

Drew, a reminder that you are supposed to leave feedback to get feedback.

The intro really isn't that bad bud imo. Good use of space.

Whoa, cool drop. Don't really have much to say other than shoot me a .wav when its done? :D haha. i kid i kid, but good track man, cool vibe.

I like how the drop progressed too. 2:29 tone coming in sounds a little too loud, if i really wanted to get picky, maybe tuck it back just a little bit? I'd still bump this track just the way it is tho. Only thing i found awkward was the very end of the track, but i'll assume you stopped working there to post the WIP.

I'll have something up later this weekend hopefully.

Liking this. Good sounds, good width and good flow. Nasty neuro bass but I feel it maybe creeps a little too far into the higher frequencies at times and clashes with some of the fx sounds you got going on. Overall though, would probably purchase this. Top job, shoot me a PM when it's finished :cool:

Not much from me, pretty much only an intro. Still got a lot of levels to sort and EQs to notch

[MENTION=91169]Brex[/MENTION] nice atmosphere there, like the sounds u picked

here's a bit i started today....kinda got tired it in 2h and now i dont know xD

(if it wont work, click on the link)

Coming along nice mate, Im liking that trancy synth, drums are nice and punchy. keep working at it :)

Something i've been working on
https://soundcloud.com/caaza/dubplate-1/s-arGBO

Here is a little wip... kinda nuero type bass offset with distant melody. The 2nd half/drop is being composed now.. will likely incorporate the lead-type that comes in at end of preview. Intro just slapped on so far will probably re-do that. Thanks for feedback on composition;

Reeeeeally like this one, needs a little bit of work but its got a very nice neuro feel! Love this sorta stuff.
Anyway guys here's a project I'm working on, it needs some work and (a lot) of mixing and the mastering and stuff but just would love to hear some thoughts… quite new to this stuff, cheers!
https://soundcloud.com/alien-exposure/alien-exposure-airwave-demo

Last edited:
not sure why it comes up as an error… just click the link if you want to listen… thanks!

Hey man, is it a private track? If so, click the share icon below your track. You get a little popup with a different URL that you need to use to link others to your track.
If it isn't a private track... well it is soundcloud.... you never know with them do you?

- - - Updated - - -

this is starting to take shape kinda xD
(click the link if it wont work at first)

Likin' that intro synth, opens up nicely, good n clean. Cool riser behind it too
Great drop! Lovin' this one bud, you didn't really leave me much to complain about! I'd love a copy when you're finished :D
Maybe use a filter to create a little motion in that small spot you cut the drums in the drop? then kick-snare then back to the drop?
Its really the only thing i can think of.

Last edited:
i enjoyed it.. the vibe.. so good.

i made this with my mate few days ago.
halfstep jungle?
https://soundcloud.com/ictrue/dred33/s-BnAkT

Nice little steppa. Would get me stomping in a club. Drum soundstage seems very narrow. Listening on my headphones they're sitting dead centre in the middle of my head with everything else. Bit of widening on them and you've got yourself a beauty of a track.

My WIP from an earlier post has been extended.

Nice vibes man but maybe a bit more emphasis on the drums? just like let them punch through the mix more and switch it up a little bit after the climax, just to keep it fresh :)
Ok so i messed up earlier and posted a link that doesn't work... sorry! here we go haha, as i said, still need mixing/mastering and an ending!! However i uploaded this a few days ago and have already made some mixing adjustments and improving but anyway, cheers :)
https://soundcloud.com/alien-exposure/alien-exposure-airwave-demo/s-NoQEP

Last edited:
Awesome. Love that dark funk sound.. I am always searching for that kind of stuff. Hope I see it finished soon. Followed, thanks!

Cheers for checking geeze! When checking the mixdown I actually found it really hard to find something that it would mix with DJ wise, meaning you're right - deffo isnt enough of this style of dnb around.

https://soundcloud.com/nathanjoseph/diamonds-josef-salvat-vocal-work-in-progress

Here's a little something.. Only just started it so it's still in the idea phase.. First track I plan on finishing after quite sometime out from making drum and bass(life and all that). Anyways the bass needs far more work but so far I'm quite happy...

Diamonds Drum and Bass Remix/bootleg (Josef Salvat vocal)

Try to give comments on anothers recent WIP before posting please bud :)

Back
Top Bottom