THE WIP THREAD

Something a little different @ 180bpm

Appreciate any plays, thanks.

nice bassline! trying to find something to bitch about.. can't find anything at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

That is nasty! I always try this crack, pop style and my low end gets muddy as hell.

Hows this sound in everyones system????? I wrote the whole thing in headphones, so I'm a little concerned about the low end

first one enough low end

second could maybe use some more

- - - Updated - - -

something I've been working on a few weeks ago. and then let it rest and sort of forgot to finish it. probably will some day :P

same story with thise one :P

hmm... I'm starting to see a pattern :P

i'd love to listen to yours or that one before yours but they seem to be NA on soundcloud

profizeus that sounds pretty cool man, nice groove you got going

fishing for more feedback by posting in the wip thread too :P

Mate! This is so sick, mega impressed. Nothing to add really except personally I'd make the last 16 before the breakdown a bit more lowpassed for DJ purposes but that's just me.

Serious banger. Dub me up when it's done yeh? ;)

nice bassline! trying to find something to bitch about.. can't find anything at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers, I guess it's finished. Not traditional DnB, probably not DnB but it mixes with and i'm liking all the half tempo stuff at the moment.

first one enough low end

second could maybe use some more

- - - Updated - - -

something I've been working on a few weeks ago. and then let it rest and sort of forgot to finish it. probably will some day :P

same story with thise one :P

hmm... I'm starting to see a pattern :P

The start to Control is amazing, the strings/pads and the vibe took me back to '92 or more recent the Bad Company era, but obviously a newer sound. I personally would inc operate that into the main tune more. Or do a minimal version, with a more filtered version of your b-line. But that's my taste, might not be to yours. Anyway, main thing is to "FINISH THEM" ;)

I really love those bass stabs!

- - - Updated - - -

so I ran into a nice vid somewhere at this forum named Neurofunk bass in Ableton live 9 with [FREE] plugins

started messing around and came up with this start..

amazing vid.

i like the snare and the ambience, the bass itself needs more processing i think, it's nicely filtered but it sounds kinda basic i dunno, maybe it's the notes

thank you russla, will remember it when it's done

(you might need to click the link)

it's just 16 bars but it's like the 7th arrangement i'm trying, i think the bassgroove is getting better, you should've heard the versions before haha

crazy track man - sounds a bit enmpy tho… bass is mad… maybe some more high end distortion to get that mad fat saturated sound i think it would do well… the bass and drums are muddy as shit though can bare make the difference between the 2 but ul prob sort that out seems like early days… would,love to hear something like that in a club - id go mad

here's mine :)

D-Jhepz, sounds really minimalistic and there´s something very catchy about it. I don´t know why, but it sounds really quiet. Good work on atmospherics and drums, there´s nothing wrong with them but what my hearing lacked is in-your-face bass, turn that shiet up a lil bit. All in all, sounds decent. ;)

So today I messed around a little, made a dope bass but couldn´t make a proper drums to suit the flow. At the end of a day drums found their way into this track. I´m quite content how it sounds on all audio systems although I did veeeeery jump-into-deep-water-with-head-down mastering, I am clearly not knowing what to do in mastering stage. But I managed to hide some obvious distortion and make it loud. Still needs a lot of work, especially drums are lackluster and there´s some mud in main bass which I need to figure out. Anyway, ladies and gentleman, here´s my wip of Final Hour.

^ I think you've got WAY too much verb going on, muddying up everything. The kick and snare need loads more attack and mixed differently imo. I recon you should stop worrying about making it loud on the master for a good few months and work on your mixdowns, think you're jumping ahead of yourself. No point in having a loud, badly mixed tune..

Sorry to completely negative but struggling to find any good bits :/ Dont hate me.

Absolutely no reason for hate, you mentioned everything that I know myself that this mixdown lacks. There hasn´t been any scrutiny for all those elements, project has been made in just few hours so there´s a lot to do.

https://soundcloud.com/rysk-uk/rysk-modulus-freaks-wip/s-KeFes

private link, can't embed.

32 bars of a collab with a mate, rough mix.

drums need something but i'm struggling to think what. Tear to shreds at will.

I like the beat.. the bassline is strange, maybe too much repetitve up and down up and down... i like so much the transitions.. the mix need a clean..

Here i leave 16 bar loop of a track starting this morning

I like the beat.. the bassline is strange, maybe too much repetitve up and down up and down... i like so much the transitions.. the mix need a clean..

Here i leave 16 bar loop of a track starting this morning

liking this man but i think the drums sound a bit too robotic?
need a bit more of a natural flow
also the needs needs some work
would like to hear the finished version

this is something i made out of samples and shit dont usually do this kind of tune
https://soundcloud.com/pathogendnb/pathogen-wip/s-J6BZJ

bit of an updated version

Last edited:
Jungle fever: This shit is ill as fuck! i cant hear an accurate mix considering im listening off my laptop speakers but it sounds super sick! love the echoing vocal at :33, big ups

Back
Top Bottom