THE WIP THREAD

Tune is dark and filthy. Great progression. All round nice work, my only complaint would have to be the clip being to short. I wanted to hear more.
Here's something i'm just about to finish up. Mastering it up next week sometime so any feed back would be much appreciated.

so funny that no one notices the forgiven reece @ 0:16, amongst other things that are in there too, i'm just constantly lolling at this tbh

so funny that no one notices the forgiven reece @ 0:16, amongst other things that are in there too, i'm just constantly lolling at this tbh

yeah i noticed. Fre4knc break, and fx in there too. Junglefever, you need to stop sampling from dnb songs mate, your arrangement skills are top notch, and the drums/bass youve made (i assume you made the bass) are really good. your never gonna get tracks signed if your ripping well known tunes, just a bit of advice cos youve clearly got some skills

I do sample some sounds but thats standard procedure in my opinion, are you telling me you have never sampled from other music?

Last edited:
I think knowing when it's okay to sample is a big part of production. Drum one shots and acapellas are fair game IMO - do what you want with them, but I'd never take a synth sound from someone else's tune. That's like getting into bed with your mate's Mrs!

Last edited:
That's like getting into bed with your mate's Mrs!

your mates incredibly fit mrs who everyone wants to bang, but everyone understands that some things just arent cricket.....

Seriously, if your gonna sample, sample from another genre, do some crate digging and find something orginal that you actually have to do a bit of work with to make sound good. Obviously sampling is a big part of dnb, but sampling dnb to put in dnb is like inbreeding, its asking for trouble

your mates incredibly fit mrs who everyone wants to bang, but everyone understands that some things just arent cricket.....

Seriously, if your gonna sample, sample from another genre, do some crate digging and find something orginal that you actually have to do a bit of work with to make sound good. Obviously sampling is a big part of dnb, but sampling dnb to put in dnb is like inbreeding, its asking for trouble

Ye I can see how its frowned upon, defently gunna start using purely original sounds Im working on somein now will upload soon

Hello Chaps,

So this is my first ever Wip! Knocked this together the other day but I think I have finally found my sound. All the synthesis and drums were done from scratch, no loops here! It's only a little snippet (working on the build up atm etc), but I would really appreciate some feedback. Be as harsh as you can. Also, I mixed this using headphones so some of the levels may be a bit off, I think the top levels on the bass might be a bit loud.

I think it might just be a little bit rowdy haha.

Without further ado, I present to you 'Croak'

Last edited:
Hello Chaps,

So this is my first ever Wip! Knocked this together the other day but I think I have finally found my sound. All the synthesis and drums were done from scratch, no loops here! It's only a little snippet (working on the build up atm etc), but I would really appreciate some feedback. Be as harsh as you can. Also, I mixed this using headphones so some of the levels may be a bit off, I think the top levels on the bass might be a bit loud.

I think it might just be a little bit rowdy haha.

Without further ado, I present to you 'Croak'

Ye like that, reminded me of Dillinja abit, sounds pretty tight, started this a few nights ago w.i.p

Ye like that, reminded me of Dillinja abit, sounds pretty tight, started this a few nights ago w.i.p

Ah thanks mate!

Regarding your tune, I'm feeling it mate! Love the jungly vibes. I like the timbre of your kick but I think it might be just a little muddy and maybe slightly loud in the mix. The shakers that come in at 1:11 could use some work too, maybe try some harder side chaining. But yeah, impressive piece of work there dude. I would skank to that shit!

Back
Top Bottom