THE WIP THREAD

yeah, working on it, replaced the original link, put more highs in the bass and did some bits & bobs

before you post one of yours you got to comment one of the other. give and take etc

before you post one of yours you got to comment one of the other. give and take etc

Yeah sorry man. It won't let me see your song, maybe the secret link code has expired on it?

but Kamo that power shift loop sounds strong, i wasnt too much a fan of the low end on it though. But would love to hear the finished version

So im not sure where to go with this one, if anything?? Should I start the mixing down stage now, or let it sit for a while and come back to it?

I think your tracks lacks tension... Try add some elements to create tension as some uplifting sweeps or even a riser. Sometimes even some silence can improve a lot on a track if you use it right. Also you could add some more movement a variation because honestly you get to a point in the track that you start getting bored of listening to it. Try to get the listener's attention from the begging and then never let go of it!

I leave here a couple of my recent WIP projects. I feel that I really need to finish them but I'm kind of running out of ideas... Tell me what you guys think!

Astronaut's remix:

Original track:

I think your tracks lacks tension... Try add some elements to create tension as some uplifting sweeps or even a riser. Sometimes even some silence can improve a lot on a track if you use it right. Also you could add some more movement a variation because honestly you get to a point in the track that you start getting bored of listening to it. Try to get the listener's attention from the begging and then never let go of it!

Yeah man, sound advice! Appreciate that.

To V-one:

the intro is nice! very nice! I like the sounds you have there. The build up needs work... now it just feel like kicks. Trow some sounds in there, sweeps, bass sweeps maybe, dunno, make it interesting.
The comes the drop, which doenst have an impact. I like the bass part after the kick buildup, but then just de drums kick in and the bass continues.
Give that kick some punch! (I'd advice to look for another one, or layered one on top, this one is a bit to acoustic, for what i feel)
Give that drop some impact! Give the bass (before the drop) a filtersweep or something.
Although the bass itself sounds good!

Snare same as the kick, give it punch, a snappy one, one that just snaps trough the mix
And work a bit on the sub, maybe eq-split the bass you have

My wip: (in set as private, so if it doenst work ill but it public, never tried to use that button :p)
It's unmastered and unfinished. I'm not sure if I should work further on this

Edit: ooooh I got it! thanks Russla! Know I know how to share privates :p

Last edited:
@Crizis, liking the main bass sound sounds very minimal but I like it. I would really go nuts with atmospherics and pads and such on this one, like add a ton more layers to it to make it all sound much more interesting melodically. Also why not try out some interesting stuff using percussion drums, those sound great in these types of tracks.

Now I used to make Drum & Bass until a few years ago, switched to making Glitchhop now for like three years and decided to do a Drum & Bass project for a change again, there we go:

Back
Top Bottom