THE WIP THREAD

Link is not working.
i made a bassy beat and used TC - Reps vox
It's got a cool atmosphere mate, only thing I would say is that the lyrics are not in time with the beat. when Jakes says 'what's the game if you haven't got a rep' the emphasis is on the word game. That's where your bar should start, where the first kick should coincide with. i've actually remixed that track too (albeit a dnb version) so feel free to listen to that as it would probably explain a bit better.

Apart from that maybe some abstract higher pitched sounds/fx in between the vocals to mix it up a bit?

this is a WIP from me, I want to do something a bit different in the 2nd drop, but overall thoughts appreciated :)

Can't comment too thoroughly as I'm only listening on the tinny little speakers at work. It's not my flavour of dnb but from my current shitty speakers, levels sound even. Nothing jumps out. Break seems to punch well and the little bass I can hear sounds well developed. Nice build ups on both drops. Highs and shuffles compliment the tune well and don't sound forced in or lost in the mix. Will have another listen when I'm home to see if I can nitpicky and update this feedback.

Home speakers update: That kick is phat. And there's a low frequency from something that's making my butt tingle. I like it. If you've got more of the same output, I reckon it's worth sending out some pure fiah mixtapes to a few labels.

Last edited:
Can't comment too thoroughly as I'm only listening on the tinny little speakers at work. It's not my flavour of dnb but from my current shitty speakers, levels sound even. Nothing jumps out. Break seems to punch well and the little bass I can hear sounds well developed. Nice build ups on both drops. Highs and shuffles compliment the tune well and don't sound forced in or lost in the mix. Will have another listen when I'm home to see if I can nitpicky and update this feedback.

Cheers for the feed back buddy. Love the Arsonist Booty! :)

and then posts high bar stuff himself :p love the vibe in soldiers, sounds pretty ominous

Just listened to the SoundCloud upload and realised I hadn't muted the vocals. They're not fully done yet. Mainly timing issues as they're slightly out and got some more automation and shit to do to them. Glad you think I raised the bar again. I'm way to unsure of my ability.

Cheers Brex thanks, always happy to make a butt tingle (with music might I add). Have another one the cook currently and looking to get at least 5 or 6 that I am happy with before sending them out on a mix.

Previous output on here lately has been pretty high standard. Lower the bar guys...

Duffy, updated my previous comment.

Brex that percussion is stellar. Mad eerie vibes through the whole thing, well produced. Not really much negative to say, i feel like the drop could use a bit more of a bassline, but the experimental-weird-industrial-but-live-vibe is sick. Good job mate. Here, have some more confidence. You've earned it. (y)

Alright buddo, your turn. 1st impression is... *waits for drop* WHOA! banger. Tight and dirty, the way i love em. This is dope, n my style DnB. Nice use of those calm synths to tone it down just enough to bring it all back.

Man you guys got me feelin' like i really need to step my game up :teeth: :2thumbs: good job

Alright buddo, your turn. 1st impression is... *waits for drop* WHOA! banger. Tight and dirty, the way i love em. This is dope, n my style DnB. Nice use of those calm synths to tone it down just enough to bring it all back.

Man you guys got me feelin' like i really need to step my game up :teeth: :2thumbs: good job

Cheers XiRIS nice one mate. Will check out your WIPs and give some feedback. Big up mate

This track sounds familiar to me somehow. idk maybe i follow you on soundcloud already, but either way its pretty dope.

This is part of a mix im working on. i like where its going so far but some outside feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It's got a cool atmosphere mate, only thing I would say is that the lyrics are not in time with the beat. when Jakes says 'what's the game if you haven't got a rep' the emphasis is on the word game. That's where your bar should start, where the first kick should coincide with. i've actually remixed that track too (albeit a dnb version) so feel free to listen to that as it would probably explain a bit better.

Apart from that maybe some abstract higher pitched sounds/fx in between the vocals to mix it up a bit?

this is a WIP from me, I want to do something a bit different in the 2nd drop, but overall thoughts appreciated :)

Nice work! You just got a new soundcloud follower.

This is part of a mix im working on. i like the direction its going so far, any thoughts?

This track sounds familiar to me somehow. idk maybe i follow you on soundcloud already, but either way its pretty dope.
Thanks man, that's because it's in my sig, n not a tune I posted ;) but thank you for the feedback anyways mate. I'm working on an FM synth-based tune right now, I'll post that up here [hopefully] by the end of the day to see what you guys think.

This is part of a mix im working on. i like the direction its going so far, any thoughts?

I like the intro, maybe throw a hi hat or something in there to give DJs a beat to match to. Anything simple will do. The cut-off entrance for the bass is cool, good sound choice for the bass itself. only complaint i have is that the snare doesn't hit hard enough. Good eerie vibe through the tune though, well done there.

Back
Top Bottom