wingz - Dec 2013 (last mix of the year hihi)

dude.
if you gonna drop test 2 as the first tease im gonna rock it.
looks swish man. saved for ron.

banging mix man, , favourite bit had to be Chrisp - Hound (Ulterior Motive Remix) > Hazard - Time Tripping > Fresh - Heavyweight > Xtrah - The Base > Audio & Donny - Horribly Ribbed > Pilotpriest - Bodydouble (Phace Remix), great finisher, big up mate

not the eatbrain competition mix dan :p

kccmjr.jpg

Enjoyed the spaced out inrto with its melodies which gradually built. I like finding a nice intro tune, but its finding a decent one. Never heard Tripping In Space before and it bounces off Hard Noise a treat with the bass notes from each taking their turn to do some damage. The nastiness continues into Steam Train with both tune talking to each other once again and same with Liberation. Wicked first couple of blends! :)

The way the vocal dropped off Gran Spunk Mussel just before the dirt beats of Minus came in was a cool touch. Not heard Bugsy before….. the way that tune blends some more soulful vocals with some squelching filth is quality. The Native Bounce complimenting Bugsy with equal amounts of dirtiness (another tune I hadn’t heard before). Sat hear thinking…. “what tune is that” as B-Negative rmx is playing. Not heard that and sounding like the Neosignal guys did that justice without being too Neosignalish.

STTR came in well. Been playing that the weekend just gone & it’s a quality tune. Serrated working nicely with it for a brief mix that I had not heard before, rolling effortlessly into Trainchaser & Formless. What a mix with Klickstep though! Easily my favourite mix so far! :)

Enei & Eastcolors - 2012
Hyroglifics - Soundboy
Dub Phizix - Codec
Stray - L.A. Zoom
Addison Groove & Sam Binga - Rzor (Friction Remix)

Was a quality section. Always pleasing to hear 2012 again. Not heard Soundboy which sounded dirty in there, even if that vocal is a bit much, it sounded wicked with 2012. As the second run of vocal in Sounboy dropped off, I could hear some similarities in that and Codec before that dropped, keeping the simple filth bass driving through. Not even at the breakdown in that before the vocal in LA Zoom makes an appearance, building up on its lonesome before complimenting Rzor rmx when that comes in and the footwork elements in LA Zoom winding with the more dj friendly beat of that Friction rmx.

Deadhouse rmx building through its intro with the addition of MPD was pure class. Both tunes really complimenting each other again. Been loving Full Measure since it turned up too. Been playing Arise again too recently & still sounds fresh in your mix (it will be appearing in my next mix too, but don’t want to let the cat out of the bag yet :) ) Loved hearing Made Guy as well. Got that tune cut I like it so much. Arise hanging in there for good measure. Would have liked to hear that a little louder as it kinda sat in the background, but that’s only a minor critique on a mix that has been quality so far.

The pulsing flickers on the intro of Hound rmx were really nice especially with Time Tripping. A bit of an abrupt cut back to Hound in there. Waiting on Heavyweight, as I have not heard that in a while either, but I’m sure it is going to be a stellar blend. That mix pounded, as expected. The final mix with the plinky bits of Body Double rmx added to Horribly Ribbed was another cool addition & quite aggressive to end on, which was another nice twist.

Enjoyed the majority of the mix. It all flowed very well. Selection was top drawer & made for a quality mix to end the year with, if that is the case

sorry forgot to listen, doing so now. i was smashing time tripping and hard noize a while back, so sick! (minds etc)

will provide feedback soonish man

Back
Top Bottom