Breakage love?

One of my favourite producers, especially when he's making dnb which is increasingly less these days. Still I do love pretty much everything he has made, Open and Higher being a few dubstep tracks I really enjoy.

One of my favourite producers, especially when he's making dnb which is increasingly less these days. Still I do love pretty much everything he has made, Open and Higher being a few dubstep tracks I really enjoy.
Yeah he mostly does dubstep as of late. Have you listened to Rain by him? It's a reaaaaaal deep one.

Yeah he mostly does dubstep as of late. Have you listened to Rain by him? It's a reaaaaaal deep one.

Yeah man, it's sick. If you haven't already, you've got to check out his first album 'This Too Shall Pass'. Quite stoked to say that I actually helped to get it re-released digitally a few months back. :P

Breakage is a don, not feeling the housey tip he's been on lately though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he has some serious tunes, some favs are:

His collabs with Jubei are also sick

Last edited by a moderator:
love clarendon, will have to look into others, ray keith thread got me some good tunes so i always look out for threads like this for recommendations

The Hindsight EP on Bassbin just got a digital release there the other day, for my money it's some of his finest work tbh, "Come Back" is one of the very first and still one of the finest of those deep dubby halftime things that are obviously all the rage these days; "Losing Track VIP" is a more muscular dancefloor version of "Losing Track" off the LP, "Hindsight" is a proper overlooked tune that's basically a really loose techno-ish percussive roller that works really well with all the Footwork-y DnB that's around these days and then there's a cracking Amen tune that's pretty much exactly the same as the Amen tune on his Digital Soundboy album but heavier. Thoroughly recommend.

"Blue Mountain" on Critical is a banger as well, remember buying it and taking it home and listening to it like six or seven times in a row and just being gobsmacked with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYsTcECY0mU

The Reinforced EP's are also all well worth owning, the Break-age EP, the Numbers EP and the Breakage & Threshold EP... I'd kind of put them in that order, in descending order of essential-ness but any real Breakage fan will want all of them.

Also worth tracking down - Heist - "Sprout" - Breakage remix because it still sounds fresh as fuck, basically. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt85Vl6TRJc

The Hindsight EP on Bassbin just got a digital release there the other day, for my money it's some of his finest work tbh, "Come Back" is one of the very first and still one of the finest of those deep dubby halftime things that are obviously all the rage these days; "Losing Track VIP" is a more muscular dancefloor version of "Losing Track" off the LP, "Hindsight" is a proper overlooked tune that's basically a really loose techno-ish percussive roller that works really well with all the Footwork-y DnB that's around these days and then there's a cracking Amen tune that's pretty much exactly the same as the Amen tune on his Digital Soundboy album but heavier. Thoroughly recommend.

"Blue Mountain" on Critical is a banger as well, remember buying it and taking it home and listening to it like six or seven times in a row and just being gobsmacked with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYsTcECY0mU

The Reinforced EP's are also all well worth owning, the Break-age EP, the Numbers EP and the Breakage & Threshold EP... I'd kind of put them in that order, in descending order of essential-ness but any real Breakage fan will want all of them.

Also worth tracking down - Heist - "Sprout" - Breakage remix because it still sounds fresh as fuck, basically. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt85Vl6TRJc

Thanks for this, definitely gonna check some of those out. I got the Hindsight EP and love it, but found it a bit on the quiet side. Not a huge issue though, of course.

Back
Top Bottom