Some original tracks - The Free Agent

freeagent

Almost 30
VIP Junglist
Here's some stuff I've come up with over the last few months:

Guided

Cheesy vocals sampled on toppa a big bassline and lush pads. A more chilled out vibe.

The Big Beat

I tried to imagine what James Brown on dust and 'shrooms might sound like.

The Plan

I dunno - I hated this one for a while, but it might be my favorite "me" track right now.

Half-Brain

An older tune I did with my mate The Dank-One, a sppoky vibe with another killer bassline. This one could use a run through the re-mastering machine. Titled so because Dank panned the sub-bass (dumass!), so when you listened to it in headphones the left side of your brain was pounded with the bass, while the right side was vacant! Wediscovered this when we played it at Live on the Decks on a proper system - it was all out of phase!!! Fixed now, tho.

I'm sure no one will listen, but if you do, please feel free to post feedback, email me: freeagentboh!@itpeak.com , go to my under-construction website www.deepersound.com , or AIM me: djgpapadapolis.

Thanks!

The Free Agent

Last edited:
I checked them all, only really feelin "The Plan" and "Half-Brain", both are excellent. Feelin those subs for real, good work!

Thanks man! I've had to do a lot of work teach myself how to really get the subs up. I used to fear the bass, but now I'm a junkie. I appreciate the support!

I checked out the "Big Beat" tune. I was expecting it to be a "big beat" tune (you know slow chemical brothers style) but it was a DnB tune. The beats you used were very nice, it sounds simmilar to some newer Reinforced records I have. The stabs were also nice as were the atmosphers in the background. The bass and organ sounds didn't do it for me though. The tune itself sounded very crisp and clear which is something I wish I could achive with my self created songs.

I use a Delta 660 card and an Audigy, Reason 2, Cubase (tho I'm trying to switch over to Logic Audio due to some iffy ReWire in Cubase), 260 db, a poo-load of samples I've collected, reference headphones, Alesis monitors, a midi trigger keyboard, and some live instruments occasionaly. I need some better monitors for sure!!!

The crisp sound (though I still think I have a lot of work to do!!!) has come from producing a few years of very bad sounding rubish, lots of effort, and listening very closely to the production of guys like MIST, Doc Scott, and a few other hero's. Raiden's stuff is top notch production, btw - he's obviously been at it for a while. Cheers!

Thanks a bunch on the feedback! Unfortunaltely, none of my stuff really has a 1992 flare to it, because in the 'ardcore days I was too busy freakin' out to really pay attention to the music, tho I love it now. The closest might be "The Plan", kinda dubby with some drum chops and filters in the middle. See if you like that one better. Thanks a bunch, and see ya on the shore next year.

I checked out "The Plan", its one of the most beautiful amature pieces I've heard since Adam's "Carbon". The strings, keys, chopped up breaks, and atmosphere is so very beautiful. The only things that bothered me was the strange pattern in the intro (and latter in the tune) you made with the Terrorize riff and the filter sweep on the amen break. Other then that, thumbs up. :2thumbs: If you get this one signed let me know as I'd like to buy a record of it.

Yes sa, mista 1992. I appreciate the positive comments very much! I'm doing mailers on Friday, so I'll send this one out for sure. I know that stab pattern is still a little akward - it might be a little off, maybe a 64th, because I played the stab part live (the sub was programmed in) without quantisation. I'll try to tighten it up. If I ever get anything signed, you'll be on the promo mailer for sure!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom