Traktor A6 or A10? Or should I be looking at Serato or CDJ's? Thoughts please.

long time traktor user here. Ive used it on windows with an audio 8 playing out every month, its solid as a rock.

Have a look at the audio 8, its close enough to the audio 10 but doesnt require a power supply. Also, look into the multicore cables, these save me lots of time and I dont get confused when plugging in.

As for controllers, get an X1. If you dont get one now, you will do later. Its pretty much the best controller to compliment a DVS setup. It'll only set you back £150 for a new one and if you ever get stuck, like someone forgets to bring the turntables or equally shitty circumstances. You can still play through this controller and a mixer rather than trying to wing it with your mouse.

Lastly, take care of your gear and it'll take care of you. These are delicate electronics, not 1210's, they don't like beer nearly as much as you do.

Traktor is cheaper than Serato and does largely the same thing.

Yup that was my opinion too.

Does way more tbh.

Agreed.

long time traktor user here. Ive used it on windows with an audio 8 playing out every month, its solid as a rock.

Have a look at the audio 8, its close enough to the audio 10 but doesnt require a power supply. Also, look into the multicore cables, these save me lots of time and I dont get confused when plugging in.

As for controllers, get an X1. If you dont get one now, you will do later. Its pretty much the best controller to compliment a DVS setup. It'll only set you back £150 for a new one and if you ever get stuck, like someone forgets to bring the turntables or equally shitty circumstances. You can still play through this controller and a mixer rather than trying to wing it with your mouse.

Lastly, take care of your gear and it'll take care of you. These are delicate electronics, not 1210's, they don't like beer nearly as much as you do.

Nice one Howitzer - trust me I do like a drink, but I generally take good care of anything I own. Hoarding vinyl and looking after it for so long is like having a small child minus feeding and faeces.

My pal has mentioned about these multicore cables before, guna check them out so thanks for the advice. In the long run I am sure a controller will be thought about but actually moving on from plastic has been my main issue for a long time.

Nice one Howitzer - trust me I do like a drink, but I generally take good care of anything I own. Hoarding vinyl and looking after it for so long is like having a small child minus feeding and faeces.

My pal has mentioned about these multicore cables before, guna check them out so thanks for the advice. In the long run I am sure a controller will be thought about but actually moving on from plastic has been my main issue for a long time.

Yeah, I hear a lot of people knocking NI's hardware for being unreliable, from my personal experience I think its unfounded and at least on par with Serato's.

Multicores are awesome, tag them up, deckA, B, phono, etc and you'll never get lost when setting up in a hurry again. I feel for the guys that turn up with a soundcard with boatloads of unlabelled phono's hanging out of them. Theres always a fuck up somewhere.

If you can grab a bundle deal on an X1, DO IT! Theres the new 'mk2' version out there aswell now, so the mk1 should be going on the cheap.

Considering the wishlist I have currently (which will be reduced by the end of the week by an online splurge) and potentially going to a record store Saturday a lot of this thread is irrelevant until I actually get the Mac.

So it happened and now I have a mac.

Traktor A6 seeming like the guaranteed choice at present.

Back
Top Bottom