Stealth - Scrummage / Nanite (ProgRAM)

big, shame Scrummage's bassline is straight outta the June Miller pack, Ed Rush & Optical have used it in that Long Stay tune. Nanite is hooooge tho

big, shame Scrummage's bassline is straight outta the June Miller pack, Ed Rush & Optical have used it in that Long Stay tune. Nanite is hooooge tho

Who cares what pack it's from though really? If it was nicked from another tune that's a different story.

what's the point in sample packs if you're not going to use them?

i understand some people feel that they should maybe alter the sounds more to make it seem unique, but if the tune works...

Who cares what pack it's from though really? If it was nicked from another tune that's a different story.

what's the point in sample packs if you're not going to use them?

i understand some people feel that they should maybe alter the sounds more to make it seem unique, but if the tune works...

Because at the end of the day if you are gonna take a sample like that and barely change, whats there to stop someone else doing the same thing? appreciate there is no hard and fast rule on this but its like Mixing 2 tunes by the same artist, you know you shouldn't be doing it.

listen to this, same sample.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't bother me at all. The end result is hardly the same...

And there's nothing taboo about mixing tunes by the same artist! So much fun blending through your favourite artists back cat for a bit... try it

Because at the end of the day if you are gonna take a sample like that and barely change, whats there to stop someone else doing the same thing? appreciate there is no hard and fast rule on this but its like Mixing 2 tunes by the same artist, you know you shouldn't be doing it.

listen to this, same sample.

Damn that Ed Rush tune is ruuuuuuuude!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the tracks especially Nanite, but in my head they don't belong to ProgRAM for some reason. Nanite possibly yes but Scrummage? Not sure.

i think program is really quite varied, unless somethign really minimal came out on it, like old stray sort of stuff, nothing would be out of place. such a good sublabel

i take the point entirely that it can sound a bit samey, but if you can make it work then do it

same as mixing tunes by the same artist together, obviously it doesn't happen often but when you do and it's done well it can sound sick!

Why's that just out of interest?

@Binary_UK - June Miller have been supporting Scrummage :)

Because to my mind Program is more breaks related (Bladerunner, Nitri, Chroma to mention a few) than bass related like June Miller, Hamilton and others. To me Stealth's tracks belong to the RAM catalogue rather than ProgRAM's. I hope you could understand where I am going with this.

Last edited:
Because to my mind Program is more breaks related (Bladerunner, Nitri, Chroma to mention a few) than bass related like June Miller, Hamilton and others. To me Stealth's tracks belong to the RAM catalogue rather than ProgRAM's. I hope you could understand where I am going with this.

Interesting for me Stealth is a perfect Program artist...

Or.... you could say that if you took those breaks (aka drums) and merged them with that bass you mentioned, you'd get drum & bass. Which is really all someone like Stealth is trying to make here, right? Instead of this crazy notion of what a certain artist or label should be doing or sounding like.

Just putting that out there. Tunes are naughty, but i knew that already.

Back
Top Bottom