Stray - New Solo EP on Exit Records (Aug/Sept)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
[MIXCLOUD]http://www.mixcloud.com/Brownswood_electric/electrc-005-stray/[/MIXCLOUD]

One of the tracks forthcoming is Professor Popper (1:03:00 in) which is bloody awesome. Can't wait for it. Slightly more liquidy than Ginseng Smash.

Matchsticks (comes right after Professor Popper) is forthcoming on this same EP. The vocal is really nice. Love its smoothness.

I know a lot of people didn't like his Modulations release (I love it) but this is EP is already sounding great.

Do please post more info. Would like to know more about this EP :)

An EP for Stray! That is wicked news :)
I was thinking the other day, with the Ivy Lab EP in the pipelines & Halogenix having an EP coming on Dispatch, then Stray should line up an EP..... glad dBridge has snapped it up for Exit...... both Professor Popper & Matchsticks are wicked tunes. He should put Dropping Bombs + Rip & Dip on there to make it an outstanding EP.

I'm sure the man himself will confirm the others on there if he is allowed to, as he is on the forum

This is excellent news indeed, not for the wallet like, but for my ears and my turntables it is great news! I love the Hip-Hop influence in Strays work and can't understand the hate he is getting for Ginseng Smash and Akina, both top tunes IMO

Loved strays output from day one! Always comes with an original approach. Great news and about time! Just hope the Skeptical album on Exit won't be too far behind this.

Last edited:
This is excellent news indeed, not for the wallet like, but for my ears and my turntables it is great news! I love the Hip-Hop influence in Strays work and can't understand the hate he is getting for Ginseng Smash and Akina, both top tunes IMO

Exactly. It was the best Modulations release ever imo and also better than his BMTM release Follow You Around / Contract

- - - Updated - - -

An EP for Stray! That is wicked news :)
I was thinking the other day, with the Ivy Lab EP in the pipelines & Halogenix having an EP coming on Dispatch, then Stray should line up an EP..... glad dBridge has snapped it up for Exit...... both Professor Popper & Matchsticks are wicked tunes. He should put Dropping Bombs + Rip & Dip on there to make it an outstanding EP.

I'm sure the man himself will confirm the others on there if he is allowed to, as he is on the forum

Lets hope so that he is allowed although Mosaic Vol.2 must pass before he opens up a bit more about this EP. I was also asking the same question but about Sabre. When will we see something new from him (solo work not Ivy Lab)??

no best modulations was snapcase / walls of jericho
ginseng smash / akina is still pretty good tho

pretty excited about the ep, is gonna take a long time to surface tho probably

that tune ivylab did with hydro for the metalheadz platinum breaks 4 is beautiful (1:14:42). that just simply needs to be released now. getting silly.

Matchsticks is seeing the light of day.

tumblr_m5n3muDJAb1qfi7g6.gif

He should put Dropping Bombs + Rip & Dip on there to make it an outstanding EP.

I believe dropping bombs was signed by Zero T and is coming out on the Footprints Compilation LP. Rip & Dip is sick though.

This is fantastic news, can't say there's an artist I'm more excited to hear new music from than him.
What I'd really love to get my hands on is the Can of Cancun VIP, only last time I contacted him he said it'd never come out. Let's hope he changes his mind & releases it years down the line. Nutty percussion on that one

I believe dropping bombs was signed by Zero T and is coming out on the Footprints Compilation LP. Rip & Dip is sick though.

This is fantastic news, can't say there's an artist I'm more excited to hear new music from than him.
What I'd really love to get my hands on is the Can of Cancun VIP, only last time I contacted him he said it'd never come out. Let's hope he changes his mind & releases it years down the line. Nutty percussion on that one

Maybe he is gonna go the same route with Can Of Cancun VIP like he did with Timbre VIP. Free download at 10k likes maybe??

I was also asking the same question but about Sabre. When will we see something new from him (solo work not Ivy Lab)??

Was mainly implying that its nice to see Halogenix & Stray getting their own EP's signed to labels, as they are far newer producers in the scene. Sabre has been around for a moment & still makes wicked tunes + he has had his own EP & LP out before.

I believe dropping bombs was signed by Zero T and is coming out on the Footprints Compilation LP.

I thought it was Fireball that Zero T had signed for the Footprints Compilations LP.
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/151206-Zero-T-Exclusive-Subdub-Cable-Promo

Stray did mention when he & Halogenix were guesting on a radio show sometime last year that they both had a single lined up for Footprints each too. Dropping Bombs possibly on the single. http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/145754-Bailey-Concorde-Dawn-BBC-1Xtra-D-amp-B-2012-07-04

WTF is going on with that Footprints LP? They haven't had a release out this year yet. I asked Stray & Warm Communications towards the tail end of last week if Fracture's rmx of Poison was still lined up for a release & he said yes, possibly waiting on a tune for the flip from Fracture. Also he said to ask Zero T what is happening with Footprints as he didn't know

Back
Top Bottom