(Basic Ableton Live 8 lesson) How to make Drum And bass Drums!

tumblr_m5rz0wDZZl1qibbneo1_500.jpg

Lol! I love the way he's defending his poor Mixing abilities by trying to say it's Abletons fault! Dude, not only can you see that everything is redlining, YOU CAN HEAR IT TOO!!!!!

theres no excuse for clipping when you have a 32bit floating point audio engine with over 1000db of headroom to play with - ur passing on bad practices to people trying to learn, stop it.

- - - Updated - - -

ps clipping in analog is not the same as clipping in digital. before you bring that up.

I love how he's trying to defend himself eventhough it sounds like he put a distortion on it

I lol at people. For any genre, theres no right or wrong answer to mixing. watch The Art of Mixing by David Gibson. Noisa have Disorted Drums, all my old songs noyone has complained. Ableton is not the best platform to master from, phil tan Who mixed on many mainstream songs e.g Rihanna - Diamonds, He dosen't leave much "Headroom" E.G lowing the Main fader like -6 He just leaves it. Theres no wrong or right answer to mastering. Different people master differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Even though i now place Waves/T-racks Limiters and Tape VSTS on my latest Music. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Besides tittle was called how to make dnb drums not how to 'Master' Twats loool

if a signal is digitally clipped, then it is wrong, doesn't matter what genre you are making - there is a major difference between Noisia using distorted drums, and someone clipping their DAW's mixer, the two things are not even remotely comparable...

if a signal is digitally clipped, then it is wrong, doesn't matter what genre you are making - there is a major difference between Noisia using distorted drums, and someone clipping their DAW's mixer, the two things are not even remotely comparable...

hahaha i was having this argument with my mate the other day he says same as you lol i disagree but understand this im just like that lol

hahaha i was having this argument with my mate the other day he says same as you lol i disagree but understand this im just like that lol

disagree all you want, it doesn't change the laws of physics :P

clipping can be a useful tool, but not by simply trying to jam a channel upto >0.0dbFS, heavy brickwall limiting produces clipping effects, but it is controlled (analog clipping FX plugins for eg), and wont damage your amp and speakers or peoples ears

Ether way Lads video wasn't about Mastering, Simply how to make Dnb Drums so stop bitching sluts.

no one is bitching - this is production forum, and we discuss topics without calling each other sluts and throwing other insults around....more than welcome to talk like that in the waffle section tho.

Last edited:
disagree all you want, it doesn't change the laws of physics :P

clipping can be a useful tool, but not by simply trying to jam a channel upto >0.0dbFS, heavy brickwall limiting produces clipping effects, but it is controlled (analog clipping FX plugins for eg), and wont damage your amp and speakers or peoples ears

Ive been told i just like doing it heheheeh

29ft30z.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom