Cable now closed

Binary_UK

Binary.
VIP Junglist
Dear World,

It is with a huge amount of sadness that we announce Cable has closed with immediate effect.

We have been forced to close following two years of ongoing legal battles with Network Rail, who took possession of the venue this morning with an entry order, putting us out of business and leaving our 70 staff without jobs. This is due to them allegedly requiring the space back for the redevelopment of London Bridge station. It is an utterly devastating blow to what is a much loved, hugely successful, well respected music venue and media business.

This is not only a huge loss to the loyal fans and staff of Cable, but to London's clubbing community as a whole. With enormous pride, we delivered the very best talent in an environment that upheld the history of the early SE1 rave scene and supported as many musical styles as possible.

We are obviously devastated and still in shock by the news and know there will be questions. As you can appreciate, there is much work to be done and many arrangements to be made behind the scenes. A full press release will follow.

If you are presently a ticket holder for an event that was scheduled to take place at Cable, please do not worry - further information will follow in due course.

Our sincerest thanks,

The Cable Team x

Jeez, didn't see this coming :(

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.598404123504366.1073741835.124880640856719&type=1

There's a video on facebook of them actually cutting their way into the building, Network rail can suck one as far as I am concerned.

This is fully shit, Cable is one of, if not my fave club in London tbh

Wow, that sucks! I've never been there myself but heard good things about this venue.

Was planning to hit the Renegade Hardware night there, not any more :(

This sucks massively.

Lucky enough to play an hour of dnb in Room 1 last summer. Probably the only ever proper experience I will ever get of playing out to a half decent crowd.

Then there is all the nights I have been to there for the last 3-4 years. So many memories, Shogun Audio's, Hardware's. Whatever man this sucks.

RIP.

A massive hit to londons clubbing scene. Cable was such a good venue and held some of the best dnb nights going. Serious shame. Network rail caused a club called backline in guildford yo shut as well. Seema they like renting out buildings to people and then snatching them back just as things are going well. Fuckers. Feel most sorry for the guys that ran it and worked there. Sad times

Network rail, you're on the list.

steve_buscemi_billy_madison.png

Gutted but surely they saw this coming and should of been planning a relocation instead of ignoring it waiting for network rail to show up and evict them?

Back
Top Bottom