B Key - The Test / Unleash

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
The Test
Onto their 11th release & showing no sign of slowing down Freak Recordings bring the long term dark lord B Key over for his solo outingon the label.
Hitting us straight from the start with relentless snare attacks & ear chaffing cymbals the dis-funktional intro leads us straight into an all to familiar sinister break.
Errie synths lurk transfixed on giving you the creeps shuddering down your ears & through the spine, until the chilling vocals tell you to 'consider it another test'.
Giant bass lunges & turbulent shakers fire at will, while uncontrolable snare attacks launch themselves wildly at anything that moves. Rapid changes in drum patterns keep this rolling then suddenly pause, & then begin smashing themselves violently across the fairground ride synth. B-Key is a master of the ever popular term 'Evol style' but you gotta remember he's been doing it for a little longer & he never fails to produce the goods.

Dirty as a tramp covered in mud for three days this will satisfy the dark one in you. (& if you guess what film the vocals are from you get 10 points).

Overall 7/10

Unleash
Well executed drum kicks build a solid foundation for the clean snare hits to roll & combine together for a smooth transistion between themselves & the shadow synth. A delayed hoover stab streams across the drums before finally fading out & inticing the quick drum drop & then the barage of synthetic reese patterns. 'Unleash' catches your attention instantly by using neat FX to surround the first 4 bars & interact skillfully with each teased vocal snip & heart stopping snare roll, this helps to flip the drum pattern again to make you think your listening to a completly new track.

Overall 7/10

Both sides been caned by Tech Itch, Kryptic Minds, Dylan, Bailey, & Silent Witness, my personal preference is 'Unleash' but as a single 12" you can't go wrong with another freak in the box.

freak75.gif

yo sayber, although i always appreciate your reviews, how come you just marked it 7/10?? in my opinion it deserves at least a 9/10 cos it's got that nice effect (which i don't really know how to explain) after the drop that not many tunes have had before....it's def a better composed tune than supernature, for eg, and you gave 8/10...

moforize said:
yo sayber, although i always appreciate your reviews, how come you just marked it 7/10?? in my opinion it deserves at least a 9/10 cos it's got that nice effect (which i don't really know how to explain) after the drop that not many tunes have had before....it's def a better composed tune than supernature, for eg, and you gave 8/10...

I hear what your saying man I gave it 7/10 purely for the fact it reminded me of Enochian Keys which came out a little while ago, that tune was sick & the drops were a little to familiar but still so effective. Nothing at all wrong with the tune man absoloutley love it. As for Supernature it caught my ear because I thought it was better then alot of things they had been doing recentley which I thought I would give props for. I guess music moves people in differnt ways. Glad you like the reviews btw

Back
Top Bottom