simple/free arpeggiator synth for Logic

Vekt

Been struggling to get the Arpeggiator working in Logic's Environment and was wondering if theres any basic synths like Poizone (that i think comes free with FL studio)
that have a built in Arp function even if its just a simple saw/square synth.

yes i could just Arp the notes myself in Piano Roll but when experimenting with up/dn/rdm arps it takes way to long manually.

cheers.

Yes, Logic fails miserably with its garbage arpeggiator. MIDI FX in general is something Logic fails at...and I'm a dedicated Logic user! That's one thing that I've been enjoying with Ableton 8 and 9.

Kirnu makes a fine arpeggiator, though it requires some tweaking in the Environment. Honestly, I do it manually or build the arp using a synth. It's your best bet, avoid Logics arp at all costs.

The Computer Music Dune synth has a built in arp that handy. I've got Kirnu, it needs setting up in the environment window but once you've done it once you'll be able to set it up every time in seconds. It's a shame how overly complicated it is to set an arp up.

Only downside to Kirnu is that once set up any other midi instruments will play via Kirnu too :-s so best bet is to make the arp sequences you want then bounce them. I hope logic sorts that along with the visual lag in 10!

thanks ill make sure to check out Dune. i have kirnu but wasnt aware that it needed tweaking in the environment, was wondering why it wasn't working for ages :') thanks guys.

I'm sure there's a video online if you google it that shows you step by step how to set it up in the environment. As I said after you've done it once it'll make sense then its no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom