your all going to hate this thread.

Yes but from my personal experience with Traktor the "live input" which you play your vinyl through is always quieter, so you end up having to fiddle with the internal gains on Traktor to stop massive drop off's in volume if you attempt to mix between Vinyl & Traktor...just my 2 cents, its pissed me off no end and I dont even have Traktor!!

Serato it is then!
If you get SL4 you might be able to find an offer where you get dicers with it, not that I use mine or anything but they look cool and I played with them when I first got it.

In my opinion serato is for the vinyl purist. Its got very few bells and whistles, and is as close to playing vinyl without playing vinyl as you can get if you know what i mean.

Sorry, have to disagree here.

How is it that different to Traktor?

Sorry, have to disagree here.

How is it that different to Traktor?

Every time ive used traktor the software has been confusing as hell, illogically laid out and just packed full of shit i dont want or need. It may just be the way the guys have set it up and stuff but i just prefer the nice simplicity (but still full of power) of serato, it just does exactly what it says on the tin.

I may be wrong, but it all just seems a bit gimmicky with all the effects menu's and stuff. Just far too bloated for my liking.

All options that can be hidden within about 15 seconds.

Like i said, maybe just how guys have got it set up that ive used and seen people use.

Havent had a single problem with serato, does what it says on the tin. Bish bash bosh. Thats why serato has my vote.

Like i said, maybe just how guys have got it set up that ive used and seen people use.

Havent had a single problem with serato, does what it says on the tin. Bish bash bosh. Thats why serato has my vote.

SOLD. To this man.. Purely because of the term bish bash bosh!!

On the flip side to that, I haven't had any problems with Traktor at all, that's why Traktor has my vote, and it just looks better IMO.
Yeah I understand. I've customized it so it has none of the unecessary shit.
Hazdaman posted a picture in a different thread of how his looks. Mine is exactly the same but I have the cue points showing as well.

http://i46.tinypic.com/348oz9g.jpg

Not that it matters, but I think saying Serato is for Vinyl purists touched a nerve haha. Apologies.

I went from 1210's to CDJ's to Traktor Scratch and now own a Kontrol S4.

Never used serato but I've always loved Traktor. Your layout is 100% customisable so you can have as little or as much as you want on screen.

I chose Traktor as you can (as mentioned before) delve deeper if you ever want to and a friend of mine is quite heavily involved with Native Instruments. I think the decision between Serato & Traktor is very much down to peoples personal opinions. Serato usually comes out as a slightly more popular choice purely because a lot of clubs have Serato audio cards in house now!

Not that it matters, but I think saying Serato is for Vinyl purists touched a nerve haha. Apologies.

Yeah i can imagine it would. Sorry mate. Considering youve probably been mixing far longer than me i understand where your coming from lol.

Like i say, i can only comment from my experience. The majority of times ive seen it has been used with controllers, which is just so cringey to watch. I think my dislike of controllers (often used with traktor) has taken over to using it with a dvs. I just always shake my head in disappointment when i see someone use a controller, and 9 times out of 10 theyre using the controller with traktor. So i think thats swayed my opinion against traktor lol.

Just sick of seeing all the little badman deejay's on fbook thinking theyre the next mampi swift because they can hit sync and shove a load of effects on top of a shitty mix. (And like i say, majority of the time ive seen this its been done with traktor).

On a side note... When you getting on DNBForumTV!?

Serato is supposed to have better sound output in DVS mode than Traktor, at least on Windows laptops anyways. Also Traktor is more focused on controllers in which field it shits all over Serato.

Traktor is more focused on controllers in which field it shits all over Serato.

Probably also why i chose serato. lol.

Although now theres that serato itch thing isnt there? Where the software can be used with some controllers. Havent really looked into it though.

I had the same problem a while back. Sold my 1210s for CDJs.
I chose this option purely so i dont have to piss about before a set in a club. Just bring my CD wallet, stick my cds in and bang your off. Also a decent set of 1210s that actually work well is getting harder to come by in clubs. I personally think its easier and safer to go for CDJs even though it was horrible giving up my technics. Its all personal preference though really.

Also tunes are dirt cheap now ;)

with regards to playing out. dvs are not 100% ideal. depending on how their set up is you could face a few problems.

nowhere to put your laptop
can't access the back of the mixer easily.
and worst of all a club without sound while u do the above.

from that perspective, cdj's are are better option to play out with. if you can use them without having to own a pair. bingo!
if you have a mate with pioneer cdj's ask to have a go and get used to how they work.

cool story bro..... seriously it was. very useful insight, the vinyl-user's lament so to speak

ha ha. it was traumatic time for me.
i had to ditch my vinyl buying habbit due to unforeseen circumstances and go digital. im a vinyl collector first and a dj second. making the switch wasn't as painfull as i first thought.

CDJ's for proper dj's and Traktor or Serato for lazy cunts. Thats my opinion.

Thread was far to serious even for general section.

Here's what you want

3hwmyx2x7xdo1lnfg.jpg

If i ever win the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom