your all going to hate this thread.

fwiw if it takes you more than 30 seconds to get traktor/serato connected then you're a retard

it's not that easy. think about it. it takes a lot more that 30 seconds to set the laptop on the table or stand, power on laptop & boot up os, connect the usb cable, power adapter, start traktor. if you can do all this in 30 seconds then you must have incredibly fast hands, computer and a ssd.

but maybe you're right and i am a retard, cause i couldn't do it in 30 seconds. i used my laptop for work/studying as well so i started to hate this setting up. also when you added new tracks you'd have to run consistency check which took manymanymany minutes.

with cdj-and vinyl, all you ever have to do is turn on their power, which takes 3 seconds. also, no reliance on some dodgy software that can crash and it will at some point - just give it enough time. just pray and hope it doesn't happen in a club.

also starring at a screen. this i hate so much. mainly the reason i didn't enjoy using traktor. and you can't escape it because you have to look at it to change tracks or to see the waveform.

tumblr_md712pBhl51rj8r3eo1_500.jpg

it's not that easy. think about it. it takes a lot more that 30 seconds to set the laptop on the table or stand, power on laptop & boot up os, connect the usb cable, power adapter, start traktor. if you can do all this in 30 seconds then you must have incredibly fast hands, computer and a ssd.

but maybe you're right and i am a retard, cause i couldn't do it in 30 seconds. i used my laptop for work/studying as well so i started to hate this setting up. also when you added new tracks you'd have to run consistency check which took manymanymany minutes.

with cdj-and vinyl, all you ever have to do is turn on their power, which takes 3 seconds. also, no reliance on some dodgy software that can crash and it will at some point - just give it enough time. just pray and hope it doesn't happen in a club.

also starring at a screen. this i hate so much. mainly the reason i didn't enjoy using traktor. and you can't escape it because you have to look at it to change tracks or to see the waveform.

tumblr_md712pBhl51rj8r3eo1_500.jpg

how about powering up the laptop and booting traktor before you go up to the decks..... you saying Andy C gets up there "sorry guys, fucking flash wants to update again"

how about powering up the laptop and booting traktor before you go up to the decks..... you saying Andy C gets up there "sorry guys, fucking flash wants to update again"
yes of course, but the fact is that you have to do it nevertheless. let me bring you an example. i come home for the weekend from another city. laptop is in my bag. i go to my desktop pc and i buy couple of new digital tracks and transfer to my external hdd, where all my music is. now, i want to start mixing - oh well, take laptop from the bag, take the cables - set up the laptop and connect cables and external hdd. then turn on windows and traktor and run consistency check - 15 minutes later. yes finally i can start mixing. not to mention the times where you update traktor and have to configure stuff. this scenario of course doesn't always apply - sometimes the laptop is already running and you dont' have to analyze anything, then yes, just go to decks and start.

instead i can just turn on my turntables and a mixer and start mixing. i want to be able to start mixing quick and easy whether it be in a club or at home.

dvs just doesn't suit me. i have nothing against dj-s using them, it's just that i personally don't like to use it and probably never will again. it's been couple of months til i sold my traktor and i don't regret it a bit.

I never understand people that say they "I hate staring at a laptop" I probably look at the laptop for about 20 seconds. Find the tune, load it in, select the cue point you want, done. What else is there to look at? No offence intended Fuuz3r, but I see loads of people saying it.

I always cancel the consistency check, I have a folder full of my tunes, never move them so none ever go missing.

Sounds like i've got it easy!

the only bad thing about cdjs imo tbf tbh imo is its pretty much impossible to ride the pitch (im sure some of you can do it but ive been trying for the past year and it doesnt happen!)
imo

I'd say to summarise you have a wealth of opinions here!

Best thing to do is give them all a try in a store if you can and pick what YOU feel is best for yourself!

seems pointless to start a new thread so ill just ask here because...

got a 1210, without really thining just plugged it in to the souncard, noticed the signal was really weak, so set the option in the control panel to Phono and its all fine. Then I realised the turntable was still plugged into a line channel on my mixer... so I plugged it into phono and almost blew my speakers. Its redlining with the channel gain all the way down. So I plugged it back into Line and its absolutely fine.. is this an issue? It wont damage anything will it?

Back
Top Bottom