What is the best thing you have created to date?????

Sammy Dexcell

Stop editing my profile Smarty!
VIP Junglist
This is a show off thread. But please...... lets attempt to try keep it of a high standard.

If you've made a cool track/noise/soundscape/drum sample/anything recently in any genre here is your chance to show it off.
If you don't want to share the technique, then fuck you! Cover it with something? But upload a lil clip to Soundcloud (yes only soundcloud).
Write a lil explanation on what you were thinking/wanting at the time (you don't even have to go into detail about it if you don't want to) and just show off you smarmy cunt!

Please don't show me something that you can't explain how you made. I.e a sample. Get the sweet fuck outta here with that bullshit!

:2thumbs:

Last edited:

I haven't been much of a Kontakt user untill just recently I discovered how fucking awesome it is. (ie it runs a fuckload better in Studio One than in FL Studio)

Using KorgM1 and using one of the string patches and bouncing down the audio from that. Then getting z3ta+ Virus Addon and working with a strong lead patch and recorded it an octave lower than the strings.

Loaded them both up in Kontakt and manipulated them both to have the movement the sound now has and got it to glide.

∆∆∆∆∆ this, that and those ∆∆∆∆∆
I've used 4 subtractor, 3 screamer, one phaser and one RV7000... but I forgot to set the sub synth at the same detuning for the pitch bend... the sub it's a 2 and the high lead it's at 12

Edit, sorry guys, I think I need some holidays from DnB Forum...

Ok, talking seriously...
This it's been my most relevant job since ages, but still it's 2011... and more IDM, Aphex Twin inspired, than DNB.

One day I woke up, I opened my laptop and I saw a post on Facebook from my sister in Italy...
It was the most interesting and deepsoulful sound for me... this:

I just fell in love with that sound and I actually already felt the drum and bass coming thru that composition... I already was imaging the sound I could build around this melody. It just flowed out by itself...
I don't even know how I did it... It came all in one day.
Seriously!

This track got released without the approval of Dizzi, which I did try to contact thru email and warning her about my intention to release a tune containing samples from her performance, but she never replied. So, we did proceed...

I have not idea how the selling are going, but the feedbacks at the release date were amazing!
I've never see a penny from this release and I never wanted to put this tune as freebe in my SC to respect the contract with the label... but soon I'll put this tune up for free... I do still love this and I want to share it with the world, as Dizzi, the original artist of the melody, did...

Last edited by a moderator:

Some bass i done a year ago, the first section is straight out of massive. The other sections were me screwing around in a granuliser. I still can't make drums big enough to use any of it! :(
But those sound are amazing!
Would you share your patches of Massive?
Or come up in the http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/157633-The-WickedSickPhatNasty-Thread and share for the collaboration exclusively?
We can try to find the right place for your basses! lol

I knew this thread would bring out some gold! That Hammered Dulcimer thing is unbelievably sick!

And Spyre those tracks you did are seriously good man! Huge props!
Same with the cinematic thing Mr Fletch! Very nice indeed! I've done a few of those myself but nothing worth showing lol! :S

Big ups to the other contributors! Basses and tunes are sounding nice!

here is what I thinks is our best tune:
but my counterpart says this is the best tune:

both of them are made using maschine as a DAW.
the drums are from fm8 with some maschine samples layered, and fx from guitar rig.
the leads are mostly massive (and mostly preset...) but we add a lot of effects.
then maximize and compress it.
when it comes to clean production and mixdowns I think there are better tunes in this thread.
but I really like the arrangements and melodies in our tunes.

someones got the enei pack :p sounds big man! this thread has some gems
lol
focus was on the basses
yer pad was just chucked in from the pack and the drums were tweaked a lil

thread is soo much win!! is it gonna be similar to the 'what did you make today' on DOA?

Back
Top Bottom