What is the best thing you have created to date?????

Probably proudest of the Snakes VIP to date.

Pretty much Snakes/ VIP is the only tune (apart from swag bag, which I love the vibe but always felt the production could have been better) that I regularly play in my sets.

Exited about a couple of vocal collabs I got on the boil atm, which could take my favourite to date spot when finished, but for the time being this will do.

link in sig.

Probably proudest of the Snakes VIP to date.

Pretty much Snakes/ VIP is the only tune (apart from swag bag, which I love the vibe but always felt the production could have been better) that I regularly play in my sets.

Exited about a couple of vocal collabs I got on the boil atm, which could take my favourite to date spot when finished, but for the time being this will do.

link in sig.

Snakes is sick, sounds so good through a system, also that 170 edit of Cbat of yours is pure fire

So. I went and purchased Native Instruments FM8 this morning and I gotta say it's the best thing I ever done! Within a couple of hours reading up on it, and watching a couple of tutorials I came up with this bad boy!

Can give a step by step if needed.

Really cool sounds, wouldnt mind getting a step by step if ya dont mind mate

I got FM8 ages ago as part of Komplete but have barely used it, it looks kinda complicated lol

that sounds sick fletch, i use fm8 rarely, as noisia said... its really easy to make shit sounds in it.... i prefer massive and zeta

So. I went and purchased Native Instruments FM8 this morning and I gotta say it's the best thing I ever done! Within a couple of hours reading up on it, and watching a couple of tutorials I came up with this bad boy!

Can give a step by step if needed.

woah depth! id like to hear how you made this also man! just got fm8 and im so confused by it

[video=facebook;10151574155556349]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151574155556349[/video]

I think this is one of the coolest things I've done because the sample it started off as was so different. Like the name says it was a sample of a fly buzzing, I pitched it up an octave, put it through (I think) distortion, a notch filter, flanger, chorus, and EQ. Sounded pretty shit, so I put it through a granuliser automating the grain width and spacing and it came out like this.

I just made a real cool raise-synth in massive and then I remembered that there was a thread like this on the forum so I thought I'd share it with u

Its 3 saw's (detuned up and down, here and there.) one + 1 octave and one -2 octaves and the last one just at 0. And I connected the pitch of all 3 saws and the stereo width to an envelope with a really long attack. Then I macroed the cutoff and bandwidth of a bandreject filter (I gave the filter some resonance aswell for the wet feel). Then I put on a sine shaper that's also modulated as it goes along. There is also some distortion, flangers and chorus involved afterwards... and some reverb!

Gave me and erection atleast. I love making these wierd FX synths!

Snakes is sick, sounds so good through a system, also that 170 edit of Cbat of yours is pure fire

Thanks. :)

the Cbat 173 edit is literally just a time stretch (might be a pitch I cant remember). I was playing it and using the cdj to pitch it but it was a ballache so I just did a 173 edit because thats the tempo I always write at. It's a laziness/ convenience thing. I do double drop it with an older version of TCs 'Drug Fuct' a lot (was my intro mix for a year or so lol) which might give the impression I've edited it more than I have ;)

I pitch edit quite a bit, recently TNGHT higher ground and Macklemore thrift shop have got the 173 treatment :D

Back
Top Bottom