Forthcoming Samurai Music releases

good to be on the good side of the shipping fees for once, doesnt sound that bad though.

I was awaiting the "why are you putting horo tunes on CD" post....

Void Coms to me could mean stuff just gets put out without any pre hype or advertisment? Could be totally wrong though!

Interesting look forward to the rest of the year

Samurai Music - 001 Clarity 12" / 002 Nucleus & Paradox 12" / 003 Pessimist 12" / 004 - Overlook, Loxy and Resound 12"
Samurai Red Seal - ASC LP
Samurai Horo - 001 Kiyoko EP / 002 - ENA EP / 003 - Carrier One EP / 004 - ASC EP / ENA LP

Can't wait to hear them all but, in the interests of SCIENCE, why have the catalogue numbers started from 001 again? Purely a new distro thing? Out with the old....?

Void Coms to me could mean stuff just gets put out without any pre hype or advertisment? Could be totally wrong though!

The labels statement, very clear..

Void Coms is a label inspired by the work and theories of Yves Klein. Klein's work revolved around a Zen influenced concept he came to describe as "le Vide" (the Void).

Klein's Void is a nirvana-like state that is void of worldly influences; a neutral zone where one is inspired to pay attention to ones own sensibilities, and to "reality" as opposed to "representation"

We hope to apply these ideas to the musical and identity approach of the label, letting powerful music speak above persuasive imagery & enticing embellishments.

Klein tried to make his audience experience a state where an idea could simultaneously be "felt" as well as "understood". In todays musical market, we think the 'feeling' is being left behind in favour of the perception.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting look forward to the rest of the year

Samurai Music - 001 Clarity 12" / 002 Nucleus & Paradox 12" / 003 Pessimist 12" / 004 - Overlook, Loxy and Resound 12"
Samurai Red Seal - ASC LP
Samurai Horo - 001 Kiyoko EP / 002 - ENA EP / 003 - Carrier One EP / 004 - ASC EP / ENA LP

Can't wait to hear them all but, in the interests of SCIENCE, why have the catalogue numbers started from 001 again? Purely a new distro thing? Out with the old....?

And that's just the tip of the iceberg :)

Yeah it's a new start for us in a lot of ways and we wanted to signify it, Samurai Music Group, all new logo's, new distribution, etc etc.

Last edited:
Got an email saying that i got a partial refund for my horo cd + tee order. anyone else get that? Presha can you shed light on why this was?

Got an email saying that i got a partial refund for my horo cd + tee order. anyone else get that? Presha can you shed light on why this was?

It says 'partial refund for overpaid postage'. This was because the option for correct postage prices for a CD and T shirt as opposed to a vinyl record (different sized item) wasn't showing on the site initially due to a database error. So when we discovered this we have gone back through and made sure people only paid the correct postage for the item they ordered.

Best to email us directly for a quick answer, the contact email addy is on the orders. Cheers

It says 'partial refund for overpaid postage'. This was because the option for correct postage prices for a CD and T shirt as opposed to a vinyl record (different sized item) wasn't showing on the site initially due to a database error. So when we discovered this we have gone back through and made sure people only paid the correct postage for the item they ordered.

Best to email us directly for a quick answer, the contact email addy is on the orders. Cheers

Oh thanks for doing that

Yes they're all going out today. Please guys, can you email the orders @ samuraimusicgroup dot com email if you have questions about an order, that way you will get answered faster.

Cheers

I am sitting here working on this subscription idea, feel free to post what you would like from it (obv be realistic)

Quality. Maybe having a choice of a Horo only subscription may be something people would want. Personally I would want everything. Special/exclusive merch (Horo slipmatts????). Stickers. Free digital of everything. Maybe delivery of each record a decent amount of time before its full release - perhaps a week?

I'm not really sure what you deem as realistic as a few of those suggestions could prove difficult to fulfil

Definitely an option to choose Samurai/Red Seal-only subscription as I'm personally not interested in the Horo series (don't get me wrong, music's great, but it's not that kind of stuff I'd want to get on vinyl as I mostly want to play it out). Full artwork/whatever coloured/marbled copies, not whites. Getting those before everyone else is always nice but it's not completely necessary for me personally, I'd rather wait that couple of weeks than settle for TPs.

Quality. Maybe having a choice of a Horo only subscription may be something people would want. Personally I would want everything. Special/exclusive merch (Horo slipmatts????). Stickers. Free digital of everything. Maybe delivery of each record a decent amount of time before its full release - perhaps a week?

I'm not really sure what you deem as realistic as a few of those suggestions could prove difficult to fulfil

Cool, yes always planned on splitting up the label subs or having an option for all. Horo customers are spread across different genres with different tastes. Free digital with everything is standard already at the store…(except vinyl only releases)

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely an option to choose Samurai/Red Seal-only subscription as I'm personally not interested in the Horo series (don't get me wrong, music's great, but it's not that kind of stuff I'd want to get on vinyl as I mostly want to play it out). Full artwork/whatever coloured/marbled copies, not whites. Getting those before everyone else is always nice but it's not completely necessary for me personally, I'd rather wait that couple of weeks than settle for TPs.

Cool, thanks :) Yes, we are already veering away from TP's. Subs will prob get sent records as and when they arrive (especially with Horo's), lots of ideas to decide on at present. Shipping is the issue that makes it difficult in the long run

Back
Top Bottom