DnB Liquid Jazzy Soulful Drum & Bass Mix (Check out the Intro!)

deeveeis-spins

I really enjoy the jazzy side of drum and bass, and I put this mix together to capture some of my favorite tunes out right now. So press play and get ready to be jazzed out.

1. SCOTT ALLEN & SUNNY CRIMEA - WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN - CELSIUS
2. AMPTEK - ALWAYS YOU - SOUL DEEP RECORDING
3. LOUNGE FICTION - SLEEPERS WILL - MODULATE RECORDING
4. SUNNY CRIMEA - I WANT IT - FOKUZ
5. SUNNY CRIMEA - NEVER GONNA STOP - INFLUENZA MEDIA UK
6. PAUL SG & CAINE - QUIET STEPS - THINK DEEP
7. STANZA - REGAL CLUB - THINK DEEP
8. QUANTREK - SIGN - THINK DEEP
9. RANDOM MOVEMENT / DAVE OWEN - CHILD PLAY - PRESTIGE US
10. DJ CLART - ILLUSIONS - LDNB
11. DAVE SHICHMAN / DAVE OWEN - TIGHT POLITE - LUVDISASTER
12. DAVE OWEN - GREAT SCOTT - IQ ENTERTAINMENT
13. CRITYCAL DUB - MY FEELING - LIQUID V
14. DAMAGE - I WISH I KNEW - LIQUID BRILLIANTS
15. ALEXUS - BEING NOWHERE - PHUZION DIGITAL
16. RANDOM MOVEMENT - DRAWN BY INTRIGUE - INTRIGUE MUSIC
17. IMAGERY - GANGSTER - SOUL DEEP RECORDINGS
18. DAVE OWEN - STILL WATERS - INFLUENCE

Last edited:
Awesome mix! Its certainly packed with goood sweet soulful, jazzy tunes! Uplifting vibes to boost the morale :)

Here is my review, (In my best english, keep in mind Im dutch ) I tried to make it as constructive as possible. And ofcource, be totally honest to you. Please, If you find it to hard, dont take it to hard. :) Hope you find them useful !!!

Indeed funny intro. Nice find :)
First track: SCOTT ALLEN & SUNNY CRIMEA - WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN, so full and round sound got this track. Im digging the saxophone! Great transition to the next one, AMPTEK - ALWAYS YOU using the break. Cant say more!! lovely track also, sun began to shine spontaneously! The next mix into LOUNGE FICTION - SLEEPERS WILL I think is oke, not very special tho. I dont know the track, or artist so Im going now to his soundcloud to check more about this interesting producer.. Loving the sax as always!! Next transition to SUNNY CRIMEA - I WANT IT - FOKUZ is a little messy I think, but you recover quickly.. Its a massive tune by a massive producer! Im a big fan of Sunny Crimea, making so mush good music last days.. !!
Next track transition, to SUNNY CRIMEA - NEVER GONNA STOP there occurs a little vocal clash. Then you are using some kind of filter, and changing the mid, hi, low freqs.. I dont know if I like this very much.. The transition to the next track PAUL SG & CAINE - QUIET STEPS goes pretty smooth. This Austrian producer can't miss in a jazzy dnb mix! Great choice! Then the next transition to STANZA - REGAL CLUB.. remained relatively unnoticed, This tune is soo rich and jazzy with the piano string! lovely! The next transition to QUANTREK - SIGN , could maybe more spiced up.Because the transition is pretty long. And adds no real value to the next tune I think. Dont hassite, its a f*cking good tune, so you could mix it in more early. ( btw QUANTREK is a new name to me, so thanks for introducing.I already love this talented japanese producer! ) Next mix into RANDOM MOVEMENT / DAVE OWEN I dig! Like these two tracks are made for each other! smooth transition and nice choice! Next transition to DJ CLART - ILLUSIONS sounds oke, I think you using loop but it sounds oke. This track also got that special jazzy 'retro' sound. Next mix transition to DAVE SHICHMAN / DAVE OWEN - TIGHT POLITE is nice, smooth, fast, clean. Just a massive tune with some awesome vocals! Now reaching the last 20 minutes of the mix. 7 tracks to go. The next transition to DAVE OWEN - GREAT SCOTT, there occurs a little clash in meldoy / harmonics But when the beat drops, you recover. 1 tip, if you mix this faster, the 'clash' will be Hardly noticeable. because the beats are just in sync like it should be. Next transition to CRITYCAL DUB - MY FEELING got some more spice and therefore I like it!! The beats and bass drops in hard, while perfectly in- sync ofcourse .. and the track by itself is just a masterpiece. Next transition to DAMAGE - I WISH I KNEW does not flow very well in my opinion. Because of the different melody's hearing at the same time. Dont know the producer named Damage, but the track sounds good I'm deff gonna check out his soundcloud. Next transition to ALEXUS - BEING NOWHERE i do not hear...?? maybe a little mistake in the tracklisting..? Or am I missing something? It goes right into RANDOM MOVEMENT DRAWN BY INTRIGUE. Digging the bassline and chilled out break sample in this track. The next transition to MAGERY - GANGSTER - SOUL DEEP RECORDINGS is very creative in my opinion! Blending hiphop into the dnb worked out great! Best transition of the mix so far. :) Then the last mix into DAVE OWEN - STILL WATERS is just delightful! Wicked transition. This trackI goes hand in hand with the previous one.

Overall I think its a great mix and a wicked jazzy / soulful selection! No major faults / trainwrecks. And no big sync faults. Only some little slips ( mostly only in the beginning of the mix ) 1 tip so maybe you got something to improve on. Keep it up ! :)

Last edited:
rawnfilthy,

Thank you so much for the review. Definitely appreciate your honesty and good pointers. I will keep them in mind in my next mixes, and thanks for the follow (I followed you back). I will looking forward to your next mixes. Keep dnb alive in Holland my friend!

deeveeis-spins

rawnfilthy,

Thank you so much for the review. Definitely appreciate your honesty and good pointers. I will keep them in mind in my next mixes, and thanks for the follow (I followed you back). I will looking forward to your next mixes. Keep dnb alive in Holland my friend!

Welcome! :) I enjoyed the ride, and Im glad you can find some pointers in my feedback. And big up for the add on soundcloud buddy :2thumbs:

and you were right about the Alexus track, it wasn't in there. I originally had it in there when I was putting together the set, but I took it out. Good looks:2thumbs:

haha, that can happen. I doubted whether I was right. But I am.

Keep dnb alive in Holland my friend!

I wil do bruv! Im looking forward to your next mix :)

Back
Top Bottom