DnB Neurofunk

soundign good. some nice ideas here. the mixdown is good, the mid bass could do with some more oomph tho. maybe link its movement with the sub a bit more? build up is good but i think you should bring the drums out a bit more towards the drop! sounding good tho

Great movement in the bass it just needs some beef imo. Get some sub-bass sorted and fill the drums out a bit, perhaps with some percussion or splashy hats / crashes. The bass in the break is working, I think you just need to eq it some to make it fit more with that low piano.

i would like it more with some delay on the drums maybe.. or a small reverb. its a bit empty in those kicks and snares

Thanks for all the feedback. :)

I kinda kept the drums that dry on purpose as I was going for that dry/clean Billain sound; but I will try a small reverb and also add some crashes/splashes to make the drums sound more full.

I'm not satisfied with the bass sound so far since I think that it needs some more "beef" as well. I've been using a subbass line that doesn't really follow the mid/high bassline. But I will try to take the mid bassline and EQ everything except the sub out of it and use that as sub bass. Maybe that will work better. I find it quite hard to write a fitting subbassline that can keep up with all the modulations anyway; so just using the modulated bass and EQ it to work as a subbass might be the better choice after all. :)

Back
Top Bottom