Ask Your Questions To Mikal

Rich Pitchshift

VIP Junglist
Mikal+Sound+Out.jpg

At DnB Blog we run a regular feature called Sound Out. In the feature we give you the chance to submit your questions to those involved in the drum and bass scene. This time we have an interview with Mikal lined up. Please submit your questions via the link below or submit them in this thread. The best questions submitted before 1/02/13 will be forwarded on to be answered. Good luck.

Link: http://www.dnbblog.co.uk/2013/01/sound-out-interview-with-mikal.html

Gunna give this a bump. Want to drum up as much interest as possible. So far I've only had a question from Jwood asking "In your opinion, is a Kit Kat an chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?".

Dear Mikal
Who do you think would win in a fight.
36 epileptic badger's or an elephant with a troubled past and nothing left to loose?
Regards
Ted

Who do you think would win in a fight. 36 epileptic badger's or an elephant with a troubled past and nothing left to loose?

What is your favourite dinosaur and why?

Those questions are as ridiculous as Jwood's question. I bet he's not been asked them in previous interviews though. Could add a section for just random questions and see what he replies.

Dear Mikal
Who do you think would win in a fight.
36 epileptic badger's or an elephant with a troubled past and nothing left to loose?
Regards
Ted

Id back the Elephant in a fair fight but the badgers if prison rules applied. Everyone knows badgers fight dirty

Right, I've posted this on the production thread as well.

what's the exact assignement on freqs you dedicate to each instruments( kick, snare, hsts, cymbals/ryde/crash/splash, rece, bass).
Do you use sidechain? If yes, on what do you apply the sidechain?
What's your favourite way to create a whobble bass?
Do you preferre working on resampling or just writing the midi and automation for a real time playing soft synth?

By knowing that most rigs they play on mono, why do we still need to see a mix on stereo???
I've noticed on many records of famous producers that even listening on mono, they use the effect in such magistral way that gives the impression of wide and spread sound... I would love to know what's the trick to enlarge the sound and make it banging for a rig sound system even if monoised... any tips?
Cheers
R.

When your playing out, whats the one tune you always take with you?
How long ago did you start taking your music career seriously and what made you decide to go for it?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Whats your ultimate goal to reach in regards to your music career?
What advice would you give to someone starting to produce music?

Yes interested in how he gets those nice low subby basslines eg. in say nothing. What synth/waveforms etc etc. Can never get sub bass to move like that! Im sure it's mostly sine waves but struggle to get it moving in that way.

Back
Top Bottom