Exit Records - Mosaic Vol. 2

surprised to hear mosaic vol 2 hasn't lived up to the hype it had, i still listen to it regularly but i spend a lot of time on headphones, i much prefer the recent samurai scope album tho, i was personally dissapointed by the subtitles and dispatch comps more

^ Yeah the Samurai Horo album is / was absolutely sick as well obviously - although weirdly enough even though I enjoy it more as an album than Mosaic 2 I still play far less off it on the regular; the Stray, Overlook, Clarity and Gremlinz bits are the only ones I battered, if I'm being honest, and yet it somehow gels in a way that Mosaic 2 didn't.

Subtitles compilation was tripe I thought, a load of stodgy forgettable rubbish, although the Blocks and Escher tune and the Fanu tune on there are both amazing.

One compilation that got no love here this year was that Subtle Audio Volume 3.... Proper diverse selection of tunes on there, in my mind it's up there with Mosaic 2 tbh.

Yeah i think the too much in one go comment was spot on. If it was released in 4 separate EPs a month apart of each other I think it would have stuck around in people's sets much longer.

Also, it was rinsed the hell out of.

One compilation that got no love here this year was that Subtle Audio Volume 3.... Proper diverse selection of tunes on there, in my mind it's up there with Mosaic 2 tbh.

hoping that subtle audio 3 will release on iTunes as all the others have

As for Sine Language, Under The Sun was so good that I couldn't even care less for any other tune there and straight up love it. Mosaic comps wise, the first one is still probably my favourite compilation in drum & bass, so many great tunes and above all, City Section.

Anyways, I think there's not enough love for Gates Of Dawn.

As for Sine Language, Under The Sun was so good that I couldn't even care less for any other tune there and straight up love it. Mosaic comps wise, the first one is still probably my favourite compilation in drum & bass, so many great tunes and above all, City Section.

I remember us debating about Under The Sun. I still think it's the most cringe worthy tune Seba has ever done. I get why people like it, but it's just pure cheese IMO.

THISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Gates Of Dawn is brilliant!! I would however prefer that they pressed on CD as well.

Regarding Mosaic 2, it was too much to handle due to the sheer number of tracks, that when released I only bought Eric Bristow. Recently, I have been getting into it and started to like other tracks like Not Known, One More Second, LA Zoom etc.

It's a nice VA LP, but Scope was much better. For Sine Language, I only like three: Fanu's, B&E's and System's track.

I like the fact that the Chimpo EP vinyl is an opaque vinyl as opposed to more see through, like the other EP's that have been coming out on Exit. Makes the start of the tunes easier to spot if it is opaque :) More EP's like that please Exit!

I like the fact that the Chimpo EP vinyl is an opaque vinyl as opposed to more see through, like the other EP's that have been coming out on Exit. Makes the start of the tunes easier to spot if it is opaque :) More EP's like that please Exit!

think i'd prefer normal black wax personally. the colour/marbled looks nice, but it's a pain in the arse

THISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Gates Of Dawn is brilliant!! I would however prefer that they pressed on CD as well.

Regarding Mosaic 2, it was too much to handle due to the sheer number of tracks, that when released I only bought Eric Bristow. Recently, I have been getting into it and started to like other tracks like Not Known, One More Second, LA Zoom etc.

As someone who only plays vinyl I always find it really interesting to see comments like that - to me it's always been the case that even if I only like one tune on an album I have to just suck it up and buy the whole bloody package, I might have ended up with a load of shelves buckling under the weight of records I rarely use, but at the same time it also means there's a lot of music that over the years I've bought that only really opened up to me much later on - I might pull a record off a shelf and realise that hey, this is fucking wicked, how come I never played this one before? etc etc - and I often wonder are the continual processes of discovery of your own music collection that serendipitous when it comes to having CD / Digital setups.

- - - Updated - - -

Like sometimes I get the feeling with an album or a compilation that they kind of take a very long time to really sort of dissipate into your record collection, to the extent that they become a part of it. Does that make sense?

As someone who only plays vinyl I always find it really interesting to see comments like that - to me it's always been the case that even if I only like one tune on an album I have to just suck it up and buy the whole bloody package, I might have ended up with a load of shelves buckling under the weight of records I rarely use, but at the same time it also means there's a lot of music that over the years I've bought that only really opened up to me much later on - I might pull a record off a shelf and realise that hey, this is fucking wicked, how come I never played this one before? etc etc - and I often wonder are the continual processes of discovery of your own music collection that serendipitous when it comes to having CD / Digital setups.

- - - Updated - - -

Like sometimes I get the feeling with an album or a compilation that they kind of take a very long time to really sort of dissipate into your record collection, to the extent that they become a part of it. Does that make sense?

In my case, I started listening to Mosaic 2 again, because I felt that I treated the album with disrespect so I sat down and started listening to the Soundcloud clips on Exit's account. That is basically it.

think i'd prefer normal black wax personally. the colour/marbled looks nice, but it's a pain in the arse

Course I'd prefer black vinyl over coloured / see through any day. But if they are going to continue pressing these see through vinyl, I'd rather it was opaque than more clearer

Horses and all of course but haha at the amount of dislikes this comp gets.
There are some absolutely amazing tunes on this compilation Eric Bristow for a start. Yukon, Beastie Respond bit, Rockwell's tune, LA Zoom... granted it's not as good as Mosaic 1 but I can't remember any of Scope Horo apart from Bloom that I really liked? Oh well... What's the tracks you like so much then?

how insightful

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, quite often I'll go through my library of digital stuff and there'll always be something I bought ages ago as part of an EP/compilation that I forgot about and I really like now. It's nice when that happens

If we're talking Samurai albums I reckon the Code of Honour LP was was better than Scope tbh tbh tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for some Consequence - Cultural Trauma appreciation. Don't know why I haven't been rinsing this tune before, but since this weekend it's been on replay.

Back
Top Bottom