Exit Records - Mosaic Vol. 2

I too stayed away from all of the previews and today is the first time I have sat down and listened to it in full

Amazing. I can't see anything beating this to the compilation album of the year come December time

Here's hoping D-Bridge is already setting aside tunes for volume 3

not had a chance to listen fully yet but i'm in love with what we promise.

no doubts the rest will live up to expectations

Platinum Breakz 4 is really amazing. So is Integral Select. Mosaic Vol.2 is still up there as the most dissapointing compilation ever for me (of course that means I was actually looking forward to it), I didn't buy a single tune off it.

This x1000

Dare I say Mosaic Vol 1 > Mosaic Vol 2???

For me this year Tokyo Prose as an artist dropped the album of the year. As a compilation for this year 31's gonna kill it, V Retrospect 4 is bringing some great classics to digi and PB4 was big but Cylon could take the title!

I don't find myself playing anything off Mosaic 2 much at all anymore. But, mind you, I barely get the chance to mix at all anyway

Dare I say Mosaic Vol 1 > Mosaic Vol 2???
This for sure
Still play around 7 or 8 tunes from it regularly, Burnt to Ashes is probably my standout. Overall though I had such high hopes for it it was alittle disappointing in the end

It was an awful lot of music to digest in one go, and I know if it had been a 5 x 12" with ten tunes on it I'd have played all ten tunes.

Still bought the lot, and still play the J:Kenzo, Stray, Om Unit & Binga, Kid Drama, Instra:Mental, Fracture, Clarity, ST Files and System tunes a good bit. In a weird way because there were so many tunes on there it only ever feels like I played a tiny chunk of it all, whereas if an album in the early 00's or 90's had had ten tunes on it I'd have hailed it as a classic of the genre; being really into ten tunes out of twenty feels like I'm only really getting my head around bits of it though, it's an odd logic but who ever said we were rational eh?

- - - Updated - - -

As for Mosaic 1 versus 2, I reckon 2 is better overall but 1 is the album that I'll nearly always be playing at least one tune off in a set.

Back
Top Bottom