Calyx and Teebee Essential Mix - 8/12/2012

why is it that some dnb producers/dj-s feel the need to play hip hop and techno and house or whatever in their essential mix. to

OR

it could be because they wanted it to, as they said, encompass a range of musical styles which they feel have influenced them. I personally dont mind at all. Its interesting to hear what other musical genres have influenced some of my favorite prodcuer

agree with hazdaman. why is it that some dnb producers/dj-s feel the need to play hip hop and techno and house or whatever in their essential mix. to be original? bitch please.... if i want to listen a techno set i know where to search one. if i'm going to listen calyx n teebee i expect to hear neurofunk.

but then of course it probably wouldn't been nominated for essential mix of the year.

And why wouldn't they? When someone's producing a certain music genre it doesn't mean he shouldn't play (or produce) anything else than that, does it? It's also applicable vice versa - if I want to listen to pure dnb set I know where to go for that. If I've ever learned something from this it's that I was almost every time blown away when somebody played different stuff than I expected :)

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed the mix. :)

Does anyone know the tune they teased in over 'Elevate This Sound' before dropping 'Pure Gold'? At 7:30. Haven't seen it listed on any of the tracklists online.

o boo hoo they played something thats not dnb. long gone are they days when people say, "but you cant do that"...or so i hoped.

They go in on this cheers for the d/l.

good but breaks made better tunes. the house section is good tbh, keeps the variety going.

personally i love hearing the influences of artists, seeing as they tend to make music i enjoy, the music they enjoy i tend to enjoy too, opens up so many new artists to me

really enjoyed this mix...didnt pay much attention but got me through a fuckload of work. I appreciated the non-dnb section, I can understand why some people might not have but I don't see why it's such an issue...

really enjoyed this mix...didnt pay much attention but got me through a fuckload of work. I appreciated the non-dnb section, I can understand why some people might not have but I don't see why it's such an issue...

Drum & Bass artists must play only Drum & Bass!

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom