Liquid piano doesn't sound right

DjCartel

VIP Junglist
So ive been making a liquid tune with a little piano loop in it. Just single notes in a melody. Im using CV-piano as the main piano sound, theres nothing wrong with it, i just cant seem to get the notes to sustain for longer. Ive tried using reverb but that just ends up sounding messy past a certain point. ive tried the effect note lengt which i also cant get right. To sum up, does anyone know how i can make the notes play for longer? Cheers!

why not add a delay (echo) to it...very subtle though.....see if that helps.

Delays added a nice touch but hasn't solved my note length issue annoyingly. By the way is that jordan (mc lunatiK) in your sig pic? 3rd along

...also no attack / full sustain / full release on filter section.......addd reverb / chorus / delay / echo

could try layering it also and overdoing the effects on the layered sample and lowering its volumn until it sounds like the sample its layered with.

try putting it in another key aswell.

yes mate..he played at my last event. good mc.

haha jokes, yeah hes a good lad!

Cheers for all the advice, will start putting it to practise and try to get the sound right. I made the error of starting the song from the beggining, now i dont know where to go with it, long!

maybe try starting with a more appropiate chord.....sometimes the samples you use are more important than the effects you add to them.

I've found for the best piano sounds to turn the decay up a bit and sustain all the way down, to make it sound "longer" turn the release up

Back
Top Bottom