DJ Fresh signs £6 million deal

DJ Fresh says he won't "water down" his signature sound after signing a new six-album worldwide recording deal.

Wonder what his 'signature sound' is regarded as now but either way fair play to the guy

somehow i doubt it

Would be nice though. 'Gatekeeper' wasn't that long ago, and I nearly wet myself when I first heard that out..

But yea, fair play to Fresh.

Inb4 "OMG HE'S TURNED HIS BACK ON THE SCENE THAT MADE HIM NOWAY DRUMZ AN BASE 4EVA INIT BLAPPEDY POW"

fuck it, i'm done hating.

he can do what he wants, i just really don't like his music now.

if he does still shit out the occasional good tune, then sweet.

Also, do you think he'll still be running BK?

fuck it, i'm done hating.

he can do what he wants, i just really don't like his music now.

if he does still shit out the occasional good tune, then sweet.

Also, do you think he'll still be running BK?

I cant even remember last bbk release, is it still going?

The best bit for me is, people will be like yeah dj fresh, so cool, more by him pls. They'll be on pirate bay searching for his old stuff, find signal etc and be like whoaaaaa wtf!

So his new direction is crap to us dnb transporters. So what?!
Most genres have suffered due to media attention but dnb always pulls through. 94 it got a lot of attention and again shy fx feelings etc got more attention. Its never spoiled it. It just makes more people get into it. Which is a good thing. I dream of a day where there is Adam f - metropolis in the pub juke box.

The best bit for me is, people will be like yeah dj fresh, so cool, more by him pls. They'll be on pirate bay searching for his old stuff, find signal etc and be like whoaaaaa wtf!

So his new direction is crap to us dnb transporters. So what?!
Most genres have suffered due to media attention but dnb always pulls through. 94 it got a lot of attention and again shy fx feelings etc got more attention. Its never spoiled it. It just makes more people get into it. Which is a good thing. I dream of a day where there is Adam f - metropolis in the pub juke box.

Completely irrelevant but our local has valley of the shadows & milkyway.

Decent

fair play to him, he must actually like the tripe hes churning out or he wouldn't agree to do 6 albums of it

As if anyone in their right mind would turn down an offer like this. Fair play to him. Plenty of talented dnb producers out there who I can continue to enjoy even though Fresh will be missed by some

if he puts out 6 quality albums in a row he'll be up there with steely dan and joni mitchell. something tells me they won't be quality tho

Its good that some of the older DJs are diversifying/making it big. It gives more credit to dnb producers and allows space for more up and coming artists.

Back
Top Bottom